Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your best advice for losing 10 pounds quickly?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Replies (131-140):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
For zc, for sure stay away from wine. I am able to maintain ketosis while enjoying a glass of wine but I do zc for the rest of my diet. I am not in the US and we don't have flavored vodkas here:( And I just can't do whisky neat.
Quoting suzanneyea:

My zc friends are stay away from wine and fruity drinks. Usually flavoured vodka with seltzer.

Quoting Anonymous:

I went to lecture last week about low carb dieting and one of the things discussed was drinking.  I was told that distilled alcohol is allowed (whisky, gin, vodka...) but most mixers are not.  Dry red or white wine is also allowed.  Obviously within moderation.  I have been on a low card, high fat diet since May and love it.  I do drink 1 glass of white or red wine many evenings.

I will say that on my diet, I did not drop pounds quickly, but I did drop them steadily.  I levelled off at my ideal weight.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will do all of that, but the alcohol.......:)

Quoting Anonymous:

no bread, pasta, soda, sweets, chips, go low carb, cut drinking alcohol and start walking.

SageAdvice
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Perfect!!

Quoting SageAdvice:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for this. I also looked him up and there is a great YouTube video on this. 

Quoting suzanneyea:

Read the book Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes this weekend.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, I am going to start Monday on no or low carb, I really want to lose weight before the holidays and I am going to do this for a week and see how I feel.  Thanks!!!

Quoting suzanneyea:

It really is a matter of life or death for me. I was bulimic my whole life. After my son was born, I did not want to be a bulimic mom. When I went low carb, the urge to binge totally went away. Like overnight. It felt like a miracle.

Quoting WifeyandMom71:

Wow. Great.

Quoting suzanneyea:

But, that was ten years ago. I have been zero carb since then, except for my pregnancy which was low carb. And I feel amazing, which is good cause I am 42 with a toddler.

Quoting WifeyandMom71:

Wow

Quoting suzanneyea:

It was horrible! I felt so sick, like I had the flu. I was weak, dizzy, and felt sick to my stomach.

Quoting WifeyandMom71:

I didn't have that problem.

Did you?

Quoting suzanneyea:

I agree on cutting the carbs. But, warning, you will feel lile death the first week or two.

Quoting WifeyandMom71:

It really worked for me.  I did it a few weeks.  Some people make it a lifestyle.  If you google the Atkins diet, you can get more info.  I heard that is what Kim Kardashian did to drop the baby weight.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so going to try it, but I'm also cutting out dairy. I want to lose 30 lbs, I'm tired of how I look.

Quoting WifeyandMom71:

No carbs!  No bread, pasta, cereal, nothing at all with carbs.  I lost 25 lbs in 2 weeks that way.  And drink plenty of water.  It really worked.  And, i kept it off!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Ha HA,  Okay, I was going to but I won't  :))))

Quoting Anonymous:

Poop and pee a lot.... So exlax and a diuretic.

Lmao please don't do this. I'm kidding. Okay ?!?!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM
This is going to sound really.. Bad but I'm pretty jealous of everyone that gets a stomach bug and loses weight, lol. I NEVER get sick!
KiKi-Love
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM
This , to be specific :

Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day
Eat 2000 calories a day or a bit less, count your calories.
(You can download an app that does it for you)
Eat enough protein

Also cardio will burn that fat off. You can also try a program that takes 25 min a day, and impressively tones your body. It's a 10 week program , you can do it in front of your TV!

The results are amazing.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Lifting weights. Running. Drink plenty of water and eat enough calories...no junk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

This is simple and smart

Quoting KiKi-Love:

This , to be specific :

Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day
Eat 2000 calories a day or a bit less, count your calories.
(You can download an app that does it for you)
Eat enough protein

Also cardio will burn that fat off. You can also try a program that takes 25 min a day, and impressively tones your body. It's a 10 week program , you can do it in front of your TV!

The results are amazing.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Lifting weights. Running. Drink plenty of water and eat enough calories...no junk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM

That's what I need to just do, is eat smaller portions, because if I become to restrictive than I will throw it down for a piece of bread :).

Glad he's back and WE just have to feel better about ourselves men or no men....but I'm hopefully it is with our men :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Hahaha. "Sorry, hubs... It's over.  I need to get skinny.

He's back now.  I shouldn't make light of his struggle.  He kind of had a little identity crisis.  We're working through it.

But seriously, I couldn't eat ANYTHING for the first week, and the weight fell off.  The second week, I ate a little, but I still just really had no appetite.  I think that my stomach got smaller in that time.  Once I resumed eating (not back to normal, but at least eating every day), I was full in no time.  I've made a conscious effort since to eat smaller portions and make healthier choices.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, well I guess I need to break the news to my husband tonight.  My weight is more important than our marriage :)

I'm sorry about your marriage, but it sounds like you are making a sucky situation better by looking better and hopefully feeling better.

Here's to a new and hopefully happier you!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband left me, and I lost 10 pounds in six days... 17 pounds in two weeks.  Have your husband tell you that he wants a divorce and go sleep in his office for two weeks.  It did wonders for my figure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Ha ha, bring on the stomach bugs...:))

Quoting Anonymous:

This is going to sound really.. Bad but I'm pretty jealous of everyone that gets a stomach bug and loses weight, lol. I NEVER get sick!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN