Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daycare altercation with another parent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
2 moms liked this

let me preface this by saying I am already looking for another daycare.

We have a covered drop off right in front of the building that has a huge sign that says TWO MINUTE PARKING ONLY.  I only use this when it is raining.  Any other time I park in the regular parking and walk the fifty or so feet to the door.  There is a mom that always parks under the covered parking and sits there about 10-15 minutes while she talks and visits and drops her kids off.  Today, it was pouring so I parked under the covered area.  She was in front of me but was already inside dropping her kid off.  So i go in, drop my kid off and come back.  she is still not back.  I wait TEN MINUTES and finally go in to find out whose car it is s othey can move as I have to get to work (it is a one way thing.  YOu can't just pull around or back out).  She comes running out with an attitude saying it is her car and she has two kids to drop off.  I said it didn't matter, it says two minutes and I have to get to work.  She said she did too.  I said no, not if you can stand around talking for 15 minutes you obviously don't.  She starts cussing me, calling me a bitch and telling me to F myself and that she will cut me if she sees me outside of daycare.  The director comes running out and has to make her move.  I called the corporate office and was told that we are both getting warnings and it was my fault for telling her to move to begin with.  Um, what????  she threatened to harm me but it is my fault because she is a disrespectful hoodrat that can't follow simples rules??????????????

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Should have called the police.
klind523
by Kim on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM
3 moms liked this

Call the police and report her for threatening you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this
That's why I would never put my children in a place that takes government subsidies. Parents that actually pay for their children generally act like responsible adults.
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow. Some people only think about themselves. I guess I wouldn't have argued with her and just continued to ask that she please move her car so that I could get out. We have the same issue at our school where certain people feel that they do not need to follow the rules that apply to the rest of us. When it was really bad with one mother, I just went into the office to ask that they enforce the rules for ALL of us and they handled it for me.

Good thing that you are looking for another day care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM
You called the wrong number. You should have called the police. What does their corporate office have to do with anything? And they have you a warning? What kind if center is this, that the adults are treated like children?
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM
7 moms liked this
This is bull. There are selfish, entitled people in all tax brackets.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why I would never put my children in a place that takes government subsidies. Parents that actually pay for their children generally act like responsible adults.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM

when she threatened me it was just her and me.  the director wasn't out there yet so it is her word against mine. would they do anything?

Quoting klind523:

Call the police and report her for threatening you

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM
This

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Should have called the police.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM

OMG......that is so awful it's comical!

newmom121812
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Wow yeah I would be pissed too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)