Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dave Ramsey?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

So I've been considering it, but didn't want to spend $20 on the books, just in case it isn't something that works for us :/ Wondering where the cheapest place to buy it would be? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to the library. Total money makeover is a very good book and very helpful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I'd have to wait til Jan. The library close to us we have to pay to be able to have a card and we're moving in Jan but can't get a card at that towns library til we officially move  in >.< and I was wanting to get the workbook too but if I go to the library I couldn't write in it lol

Quoting norahsmommy:

mommymeade
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM

GO to the library or try to borrow from a friend or a church.  It is an awesome program! Good Luck! 

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Love Dave Ramsey! They put them on $10 special pretty often on his website.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:17 PM
And really, you can listen to the show & podcasts for free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM

We have to pay for the library where we live now and we're moving in Jan (can't get a card for that library til we officially live there.)  None of my friends or family have used it before-- most haven't even heard of it actually lol. I did want to get the workbook though which I'd have to own myself to be able to write in :/

Quoting mommymeade:

GO to the library or try to borrow from a friend or a church.  It is an awesome program! Good Luck! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll keep an eye on it :)

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Love Dave Ramsey! They put them on $10 special pretty often on his website.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Look on amazon used books, local second hand shops/ Salvation Army. The book has been out a while and lots of people have it. My dad was a financial advisor for years and had a stack of that book he'd just give to people who wanted one. You really don't need the workbook. There are worksheets in the back of the book itself you can scan or photocopy and use.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd have to wait til Jan. The library close to us we have to pay to be able to have a card and we're moving in Jan but can't get a card at that towns library til we officially move  in >.< and I was wanting to get the workbook too but if I go to the library I couldn't write in it lol

Quoting norahsmommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Didn't know amazon had used books lol. We don't have any second hand stores near us til we move, I think the closest is 45 minutes away-- we live in the middle of no where!
Quoting norahsmommy:

Look on amazon used books, local second hand shops/ Salvation Army. The book has been out a while and lots of people have it. My dad was a financial advisor for years and had a stack of that book he'd just give to people who wanted one. You really don't need the workbook. There are worksheets in the back of the book itself you can scan or photocopy and use.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd have to wait til Jan. The library close to us we have to pay to be able to have a card and we're moving in Jan but can't get a card at that towns library til we officially move Β in >.< and I was wanting to get the workbook too but if I go to the library I couldn't write in it lol

Quoting norahsmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN