Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teen Calls In School Shooting As A Prank

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 14 Replies

This is my old high school, my niece goes there. I log into FB this morning and find out that it is under lockdown with reports of shots fired. I live half a mile from the school.  Very scary, then to realize it was a prank?! I hope the little jerk gets punished to the fullest extent of the law.

PD: Report of gun at Shelbyville Central High School false

Posted: Nov 15, 2013 8:24 AM CSTUpdated: Nov 15, 2013 2:56 PM CST
SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. -

A 15-year-old was detained in Bedford County Friday morning for falsely reporting there was a gun at Shelbyville Central High School.

The teen first called 911 at 7:45 a.m. to report there was a gunman in a bathroom in the school.

"I'm at Shelbyville High School, someone's got a gun in the bathroom and I need help bad," the boy told the dispatcher.

The teen called back five minutes later, this time saying there was a gunman in the cafeteria.

The sheriff's office and Shelbyville Police Department responded to the school, and placed the building on lockdown.  Officers began going room to room and students were evacuated.

No gunman was found after 45 minutes and the calls were determined to be a hoax.

When News 2 arrived to the school around 8:40 a.m., there was a line of parents waiting to pick up their children wrapped around the building.

Students who wanted to leave were able to do so. The remaining students returned to the school and resumed classes as normal.

Student Kelli Huck arrived at the school just moments before police.

"As I was walking, the cops pulled up, they all got out of their cars, rushing with guns and they told everyone to get out of the school as fast as possible," she recalled.

Huck was ushered to the school's theater with several of her classmates.

"Everyone was dead silent," she continued, "Teachers were directing us, in tears, just trying to get us to a safe place.  It was really scary to see someone of such position break down like that."

Parent Anna Collier was in the school waiting to talk to a guidance counselor when officers entered and announced there could be a gunman inside.

"We were told there was someone in a boy's bathroom with a gun and we had to get out as fast as we could and they were putting the school on lockdown," she recalled

Collier said she moved to Bedford County from Nashville to "get away from this sort of thing."  She said Friday's events are just "too close to home."

She said, "You see this on TV, and it hits home when it's your children. I talked to other parents whose children were texting them [from inside the school], ‘Momma, there's someone in here with a gun and I love you' and that's very scary."

"I feared for my children's lives but also I feared from my own sitting out here," she added, referencing her car in the parking lot.

According to Bedford County Sheriff Randall Boyce, it was that very parking lot where the teen placed the 911 calls.

The boy had recently moved in with a new foster family and was in the process of enrolling at Shelbyville Central but was not currently attending classes there.

Once in custody, the boy admitted to making the calls. He faces two counts of filing a false report. A court appearance has been scheduled for Monday.

Shelbyville Central High School is located on Eagle Boulevard in Shelbyville, about 30 miles south of Murfreesboro.

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySlimm
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:59 PM

bump

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM

he should pay a serious fine for wasting cops time.while they were looking for the non existant gunman.,they could have been elsewhere catching criminals..

LadySlimm
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:04 PM

He definitely should, but seeing as he is ward of the state (he was a foster child), they won't impose any fine on him because he is too young to get a job and doesn't have parents that will just pay it. 

He needs to experience jail, and what will happen to him if he keeps up a life of crime. 

Quoting quinnsmom715:

he should pay a serious fine for wasting cops time.while they were looking for the non existant gunman.,they could have been elsewhere catching criminals..

opheliarae
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:17 PM
We just had this happen at a trailer factory here. someone called and said some guy was shooting a gun in the parking lot. and then called agian and said he had moved inside one of the buildings. they had to shit the factory down. and there were cops all over town looking for the 'gunman'. I dont think they found the caller though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Let me guess a bunch of parents went rushing to the school and interrupted the police dept while trying to do their job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM

fucking kids man... makes me want to smack the crap out of them

LadySlimm
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM

The report was made at 0745...there were parents there dropping their kids off...the principal actually commended the parents and students for being so mature and coopierating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let me guess a bunch of parents went rushing to the school and interrupted the police dept while trying to do their job.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM
He deserves jail time.

I knew at a very young age how serious bomb threats and school shootings are...do people think they won't get caught when they do this crap?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Sorry....

Quoting LadySlimm:

The report was made at 0745...there were parents there dropping their kids off...the principal actually commended the parents and students for being so mature and coopierating.

Quoting Anonymous:

MustBNapTime
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM

:(

I remember in Jr high we where evacuated from the building a few times because of bomb threats & such... It was silly... Our parents where not even notified & I bet many of u didnt even think of telling them..

Someone also caught the bathroom on fire once..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)