Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you feel it was 'implied' if this was said to you?...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies

Back info first, there's lots of back story info but I won't get into it all.

My husband is VERY controlling. Everything we own is in his name ONLY! Everything. My name is not on any bank accounts, credit cards etc... NOTHING. The car I drive that is supposed to be mine, is even in HIS name. I have zero access to any money.

When I'm in need of something like head ache pills, tampons ANYTHING , I tell him and he buys it.

I do have a bank card that he gave to me, that's in HIS name. There is never any money in that account, it does have a line of credit on it - but i'm NOT to use the card at all. The ONLY time I'm allowed to use the card, is if he calls me and tells me to go buy something he needs/wants. And I have to give him the reciept as well.

Anyways today I was out of ciggarettes. So I called him and asked him if he would buy some. When he came home he said

" ------- ( the place he buys them from) has the cartons on sale. So I said " cool, did you get them ( because he wasn't holding them) he said "no, the line was to long"...

So I left it at that, and I headed off to work. Shortly after getting to work, he called me and asked me if I got the carton on my way to work. I said no, how would I get them? With what money? He said with the card you have.I said, well - you have made it clear that I'm NOT to use that card, so WHY??? would I just stop and use the card to get them?

he said " i figured it was implied with what i told you when you asked if i got them"....

I asked him how was that implied. Then he became angry with me and started arguing about things, things that aren't even real or an issue...

Would you have felt it was implied if this was you? I swear he is insane!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2ETnBM
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM
21 moms liked this

I don't think he's the insane one here.....you are, for staying with him. LOL

LAHnTAH0812
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
uh, yes, he IS insane. wtf? you work, thats YOUR money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM
7 moms liked this
I think wether it was implied or not, you have bigger issues than a cigarette carton.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Quoting Mommy2ETnBM:

LOL, and be childish... I WOULD leave. My fear is leaving him and the courts allowing him alone time with our young son. If I knew for a fact that I could divorce him and he wouldn't even get supervised visits, Id leave in a heart beat... Do laugh, if that makes you feel better. You don't know my situtation at all, and it's nothing to laugh at.
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

You are the one that is insane. You need to take your paycheck and open up your own account.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Why are you with this man?

Anniversary
Mommy2ETnBM
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Hon, there's always ways around situations. What's wrong with him being alone with your child? Is he abusive to the kid? If so, then court will give him supervised visits. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mommy2ETnBM:

LOL, and be childish... I WOULD leave. My fear is leaving him and the courts allowing him alone time with our young son. If I knew for a fact that I could divorce him and he wouldn't even get supervised visits, Id leave in a heart beat... Do laugh, if that makes you feel better. You don't know my situtation at all, and it's nothing to laugh at.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:08 PM
You have MUCH bigger issues than the stupid cigarettes! How can you live like that? Plus you work which means you turn over your paychecks which wouldn't be an issue if you got to spend ANY money without getting permission first!
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I think its gross you work and can't control your money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mommy2ETnBM:

How is that any different than alone time when you're at work? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)