Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

turning to the cafe gods for help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
i need help figuring out a problem. i was supposed to get this weekend off. this is my managers last week here and its her b-day weekend so she has me working. ( i put off on calender, she did not) i have joint custody with my ex. i assumed i would get this weekend off so i made plans and did not set up childcare. we have a family event to go to. well today i find out i'm working all weekend. i have two options now. pick up my kids in the morning and bring my kids to work with me till midnight. plans completely ruined or switch shift and pick kids up at 4 pm tomarrow- making our plans completely ruined and get held in contempt of court by ex for not picking them up till 4 i'm backed into a corner here. fuuuck.. any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Sounds like youll have to bring them to work with you. Cant your family watch them at this family thing you are supposed to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM

if i have to work at all tomarrow i cant go to the family thing. it was going to be a day trip- a few hours drive. i have no family near me.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Sounds like youll have to bring them to work with you. Cant your family watch them at this family thing you are supposed to do?

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Oh. No friends can help? Did you talk to your ex and see if he would mind watching them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Anyone you work with willing to switch with you completely?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

You're an adult. Figure it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:55 PM

he says " that wont work, i have a lot of plans this weekend."

Quoting thenameshailie:

Oh. No friends can help? Did you talk to your ex and see if he would mind watching them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM

no. one of the magers could come in, but she wont. the new girl we just hired isnt available until monday.

Quoting Okie-chick:

Anyone you work with willing to switch with you completely?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:57 PM

i'm trying to. i dont exactly have a lot of options.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Uh, get off of the internet and think for yourself? I'm not trying to be a bitch, but seriously. You're an adult. Get up and do something. Make some phone calls. Talk to your boss, her boss and/or other employees. The only way to get results is by taking action.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM

you think i havent ALREADY done that??? you ARE being a bitch. not everyone has family and friends near them. nobody else CAN / Will work. i'm at a loss here racking my brain to figure it out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh, get off of the internet and think for yourself? I'm not trying to be a bitch, but seriously. You're an adult. Get up and do something. Make some phone calls. Talk to your boss, her boss and/or other employees. The only way to get results is by taking action.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)