Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Momma's who've had an abortion: Serious question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

Do you constantly think about the what if's? Such as what gender the baby was, what their personality would have been, how your life would be now if you kept him/her and what they would look like?

I am five weeks pregnant now and I am weighing my options. These are the questions that I think will always be on my mind, the what if's. So how do you keep the what if's from eating you alive so to speak?  

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this

It lingered for a while.  But for me and the position I was in at the time, the what-ifs would have been quite awful, and I wouldn't have the amazing life and family I do now.  It'll will always cross your mind from time to time, as do the what-ifs of any major decision in your life.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM
No I don't but my abortion was a direct result of incestual rape. Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM
'Mommas' who've had an abortion...oooh the irony.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:16 PM
No...I don't. It would drive me insane so I just don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I had an abortion almost 20 years ago. I never regretted my choice, although I experienced great sadness early on. I look at my ds, that I had afterward, and know that I wouldn't have had him otherwise. That helped me heal, and I never let myself contemplate any "what ifs".
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I never had regrets and never really thought about the what ifs after the first few weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Firstly, since they are on this site obviously they are Momma's whether or not they have had an abortion. They have since had a child or children. Secondly, it is abortion not abotion oh the irony.. smh

Quoting Anonymous:

'Mommas' who've had an abotion...oooh the irony.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM
3 moms liked this

No, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I wanted to terminate the pregnancy. I felt not even an ounce of anything other than the feeling that I was doing the right thing. If you're not there I wouldn't do it.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Both times I knew without a doubt. I felt it was the best option for my situation. You'll know if its the right choice for you. It'll be settled in your thoughts and feelings won't even come into play. That's how it was for me.

If you're having any doubts though, you should really consider that abortion may not be the best choice.
You can PM me, op. I've had two and I know how it is to be pregnant and weighing the options.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)