Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am having a hair crisis! Help? :(

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 21 Replies
It has grown A LOT since DD was born. It has grown 8 inches this year. It's down to the bottom of my shoulder blade, and it has been matting up BAD. This has been gong on for 2 months now. I wake up with dread locks. When I try to brush or detangle them out, my hair just falls out. I just lost so much hair trying to manage it in the shower. I cried.:(
I have tried coconut oil and keratin oil. I bought a $30 twice a week hair mask by "It's A 10", recommended by my hairstylist friend
I have been using it 3 weeks and it has only gotten worse. What to do..
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:11 PM
When did you stop breastfeeding?
Melbornj
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM
When was the last time you trimmed it or cut quite a bit off?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Cut it off
thejodigirl
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Is your hair curly?

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Losing that much hair isn't normal. Have you ever had your Thyroid checked? It's a symptom of having Hypo Thyoidism. I'm sure there lots of other reasons, but that's one I'm familar with. My hair is almost to my waist,  but it never matts. I do put it in a pony tail when I go to bed or else it'll strangle me! LOL!

QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Coconut oil doesn't work?!

I've had dreads a couple different times in my life and to avoid cutting them all out, I used coconut oil to loosen them up.

When I have long, non-dreaded hair it gets matted by my neck. Try braiding it before you go to bed, and a silk/satin pillowcase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
worstofweather
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I am still breastfeeding. I have been for 14 months now, but my supply has definitely decreased.

Quoting Anonymous:

When did you stop breastfeeding?

Caera
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Braid your hair before you go to bed.

Or cut it short.

worstofweather
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Yes. Very thick and wavy, with a few curls here and there.

Quoting thejodigirl:

Is your hair curly?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
My hair is down to my bum, I have thick, curly hair that tangles BAD if I don't take care of it. I put it in a braid before bed or a bun. That keeps it from tangling.

Quoting worstofweather:

It has grown A LOT since DD was born. It has grown 8 inches this year. It's down to the bottom of my shoulder blade, and it has been matting up BAD. This has been gong on for 2 months now. I wake up with dread locks. When I try to brush or detangle them out, my hair just falls out. I just lost so much hair trying to manage it in the shower. I cried.:(

I have tried coconut oil and keratin oil. I bought a $30 twice a week hair mask by "It's A 10", recommended by my hairstylist friend

I have been using it 3 weeks and it has only gotten worse. What to do..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured