Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms with boys

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 169 Replies

Okay, I'm not a guy and never been one. But I have a 13 year old son with a dilemma. He says the guys at school are making fun of him for wearing briefs (this is in gym class, he doesn't normally flash his undies).
Do guys really do things like this? I didn't think guys cared about clothes and stuff. 
And so I took him out and discovered there are TONS of different types of undies for guys. Boxers, briefs, boxer briefs, bikini, you name it. 
What can I safely buy a 13 year old to spare him embarrassment.

And more importantly, how the heck do guys feel comfy in boxers????

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM

IDK my DH quit wearing boxers a long time ago.  He was tired of his nuts getting squished all the time.  Now he wears briefs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Both my boys wear boxer briefs.  Whitey tighties are bound to get him made fun of. 

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Boxer briefs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Yes they do. My son wore boxer briefs and when he started HS where they changed for Gym he wanted and switched to boxers.

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Most guys prefer boxers or boxer briefs at least & yes guys give each other shit over all kinds of things. This is one of them, and one of the things to look forward to when a kid enters a school with locker rooms for the first time. (middle or hs)

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

DH wears boxer briefs. I even have some for my 2 year old DS.

Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Boxers or boxer briefs are ur best bet. Briefs are usually seen as childish at that age
mom22boys333
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I recommend boxer briefs.  Dh and ds wears them.....all the fit of briefs but look like boxers.

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Both my husband and our son prefer boxer briefs.
BabyBrooke13
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:35 PM
My 4yo wears boxer briefs, he prefers the look I think. Just take ds out and let him pick. Boys his age will look for anything to tease someone about. If it's something's this easy to fix/change then do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)