Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cant believe he has slowly cleaned out DDs savings :( .... Update(2)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

So with any post there is a huge backstory. Life is just like that.. But Ill try to skip it all.

My DH works & he is the one that handles the bills & controls the money. On a rare occasion Ill jump online & see whats going on in our bank account because it seems like we never have any money to put toward savings, but when fun things come up, we have a few hundred to spend....

Since about April he has been slowly transferring money from our 7yo DDs saving account into our account & spending it as needed... Her account at its record high was $800. Its now empty with $5 in it! :(

Im so hurt & shocked... In my mind my hubby has STOLE $800 from our DD! .... That money is not just from us... Its mainly from family members that have gave her $ over time (my mom/mil like to clean their purses of change & give it to DD)..

He has a spending/saving problem.. He has been spending money on audible books, video games, and stupid stuff..

Monday morning getting online & changing all our passwords to our bank accounts & taking his bank card... I want to totally take control of every fucking penny & make sure he has nothing until we pay back my DDs account!

If it wasnt for my kids I would have packed his shit this morning & told him not to come back until money was returned... But I do not want my kids to feel unstable because of their father.. He is a pretty good dad in their eyes.. Its also very hard not to contact his mom, grandma or aunt that he thinks of dearly & talk to them about this...But I would just look like a "tattle tale bitch" lol.. 

EDIT

Well I talked to him yesterday..I changed our bank account password so he cant see the account anymore & I have his bank card.. I suggested he start working OT or get a 2nd job to pay back his daughter, that pissed him off & he straight out said No.. Tax money will repay her.. He has not said sorry .. He tried making me feel guilty with "if something happened to me yall would be better off because I have a $200k ins. policy" *EYEROLL* I simply replied with "Are you kidding me?! Do you know how long 200k would last!?" .... Later that night he said he didnt want to lose us...

Im not locking up his computer. As long as what he is doing is free for him. I dont care..

. Im slowly losing all respect I have for him... But I cant give up, we have been together for 15yrs & he has many good qualities not easily found in other men.. I guess marriage is like family members.. Sometimes you feel like you hate them, but you still love them... And wouldnt cast them out of your life forever. 

Have to add: He did ALL our laundry & hung it up this weekend, sunday he did dinner while I took DD to a club meeting & he did dishes! 

UPDATE

He txted me on FB, the secret CC he had last year- still $1000 in debt with it.. AND he has a $500 CC at Best Buy from buying his mom a Xmas gift last year..

I've read his txt but have not responded.. "Do I still have a home" "Please dont leave me"....

DAMNIT! Why do I have to deal with his shit alone. Its so hard not to msg his aunt who we are close to.. Just like any relationship we have had issues in the past and Ive kept it with us... BUT FUCK! Why does his family have to keep looking at him like he is Mr. Perfect and doing every fucking thing right when HE IS NOT! .... They think he is such a good guy because he goes to work, doesnt drink/do drugs & is a good active dad (he had no dad) and poor him because he has stomach issues.. YA when your hiding shit in your head its going to be seen in your health! 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM

That is stealing, he needs to pay that back and grow up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM

BUMP!

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:10 PM
10 moms liked this

I guess you're not seeing the big picture - the kids are unstable because of their father, they just don't know it yet.  if he's stealing from your child, what happens when those funds are gone but his thirst for instant gratification isn't?  where does he get the funds from next?  because you don't just stop at that point, if you're already stealing from a 7 year old little girl.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I'd have slapped him. And he should explain to your daughter where her money went.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Give him $50 a week and tell him that's his allowance.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM
4 moms liked this
Instead of changing passwords and buying his lunches for him like you would a child, just open another account for dd that he has no access to.

Problem solved.
chunkyhoney78
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM

take control give him parking money that he has to show you the receipts for as well then when he gets that money back thats his money to recycle for parking. take the money out for her account slowly and his entertainment games and book money tell him to go to the library and read a real book its free as far as the games they have tons of free games online to play also pack his lunch. good luck

askyourmother
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Open your own bank account and start moving money from his into yours. If he can do it why can't you? What an asshole.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM
3 moms liked this

sorry but if my hubby pulled that shit with me Im gone.

Vanty
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM

That is bogus. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN