Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

could you live a month without internet?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

When i say internet i mean everything involving internet.  home internet, wifi, cell phone internet, no picture text, no gps on cell phones, no internet on game system. No googling. wifi hot spots, library, friends cell or home internet.

Could you live a month without a phone. I mean a cell, home phone,  friend phones, nothing. 

So could you do it?

Me i couldn't. I need my internet on my phone because i use my GPS a lot to find places and i need my cell because my kids school needs to get a hold of me and I need to talk to doctor and pay bills.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Nope.

I rely on my home internet to make money, so I can't do without.

My cell phone is my only phone and with kids in school, I have to have a phone.

miisha
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
No.kids need it for school.
katemckenzie
by Kate on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Internet, sure. Phone, no.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Yes but I would not like it one bit! Lol

anotherhalf
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Nope.  Its how I make money.

gramattmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I couldn't because my daughter has to do all of her schoolwork by internet..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Nope, I work online so I need the Internet. I need my phone to talk with clients, my tablet and computer to work.

Quoting Anonymous:

When i say internet i mean everything involving internet.  home internet, wifi, cell phone internet, no picture text, no gps on cell phones, no internet on game system. No googling. wifi hot spots, library, friends cell or home internet.

Could you live a month without a phone. I mean a cell, home phone,  friend phones, nothing. 

So could you do it?

Me i couldn't. I need my internet on my phone because i use my GPS a lot to find places and i need my cell because my kids school needs to get a hold of me and I need to talk to doctor and pay bills.

Tigrera
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Nope.  Would be debatable if I could make it through a day or two with out it.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I lied, I need a phone, lol. 

Kmary
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Yes.  People lived for ages without internet.  Would it sometimes be difficult or frustrating?  Sure.  But could a person survive?  Yes of course.

Every year we rent a house in the mountains that generally doesn't get any sort of cell/internet service.  it's only a week or two and at first it seems weird and is sometimes annoying when you want to look somethig up.  But within a few days, you hardly miss it and almost enjoy it.  I think technology has taken away from our lives as much as it has added.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)