Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband flipped out...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies
...and shoved me down. He has NEVER acted like this before. He was sick this morning, so I let him sleep all day. He got up and started buying at everyone. I told him to stop being crabby. He started screaming at me. I walked up to him to tell him to stop screening at me, and he shoved me to the floor. Then proceeded to get in my face and screen as loud as he could. My 12 year old daughter started screaming. Then he told me he wants a divorce. I don't know what the fuck to do. This was all completely out of the blue, and out of character.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Bump
Amy_M
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this

For me that's a deal breaker, if my husband ever put his hands on me I would be gone, but that's me.

Has your relationship been ok up until now?  Is the "i want a divorce" out of the clear blue?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Did he have a stroke? I'm being serious. If its really out of the blue and totally out of character, it could be a medical problem making him act this way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM
:( I'm sorry. My husband shoved me down once. I couldn't believe it. He hasn't done it since then. There's no excuse for his behavior. I really hope he apologizes to you. Did he leave?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Nope! Call the police, get a report and divorce his ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Honestly, if he insisted on behaving like a dick, I would have called the police to have him arrested for assault.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Yes. It was all completely out of the blue. Our relationship has been fine, good even. We've been married for 14 years. He has NEVER raised a grand towards me, but did I think he ever would.

Quoting Amy_M:

For me that's a deal breaker, if my husband ever put his hands on me I would be gone, but that's me.

Has your relationship been ok up until now?  Is the "i want a divorce" out of the clear blue?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Did he take meds that he's never had before?
Amy_M
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Does he have a high fever?  Or possibly on some medication?  

Besides that I am not sure what to tell you.  Is he still there?  You should really try to talk with him if he is calmed down now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. It was all completely out of the blue. Our relationship has been fine, good even. We've been married for 14 years. He has NEVER raised a grand towards me, but did I think he ever would.

Quoting Amy_M:

ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I just can't wrap my brain around the idea of this being completely out of the blue.

How long have you been married? :

Sorry, I see where you posted 14 years. So I'll go with some kind of medical reason?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)