Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is life so expensive?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Im so tired of working plenty of hours and i still live life tight. Theres always stuff to pay and tou always need money to do anything. I live day by day tight. Ill never be able to get a house and probally will live in an appartment my whole life. Ill also probally never be able to travel with my son since its too tight. I dont even spend that much time with ds because i always have to work. Why is life always turn around money? Why are we living for working? Working to survive? Why is everything so expensive. I cant even enjoy life because its either i have no money to do activities or trips or im busy working. When i die and look back in my life what will i see? Me working. Its sad that were at rhe point where people work so much hours just to survive and have a better life. But what better life if you cant enjoy it since youre always working... :(
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
luvligrl323
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I was a single parent with 3 kids. I was also a preschool teacher making around 2k a year. I always planned one vacation a year. Between 3-5 days. I would decide where I wanted to go. Research online to see what my budget should be and save all year for it. Sometimes I had to do it every other year. It is possible. Time with your children and those memories are precious. And it's something they will always remember. I worked my ass off all year for those few days away. It doesn't even have to be far away. Find something a few hours, somewhere you can drive to. Save what you can, even if it's just $20 or $50 a month. Everything counts. You can do it. I know its hard but it will be worth it when you get to relax and spend that bonding time with your child.
wiersma98
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM

This is exactly why I push my kids to do better in school, to become better educated, to learn a trade that will allow them to own their own businesses -- these are the ONLY ways to get ahead.   A high school diploma and no job skills will land you minimum wage and an apartment for life (without roommates -- if you're lucky).

After I graduated from college, I was able to get a good job.   Got my own apartment at 22 -- no roommates.   Got married to a man with a similiar background, and we bought our first home (2-story, 4-bedrooms, 2 baths, full basement) before we were 30.   College isn't for everyone -- but if you don't choose that path, you need to choose one that will ensure a decent income for your family.    If you're a woman, you need to choose your OWN career -- between death and divorce, you cannot depend on having a man always provide for you.   Chances are great you will end up alone, in poverty, taking your children down with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Is the father of your child in his life?  If you are not with him, does he at least pay CS and have visitation?? Have you applied for PA to try to help you get on your feet?  Have you advanced your education or maybe studied a trade in order to improve your financial situation?  You would most likely qualify for the Pell Grant to help pay for school or for advanced education. I know it would take time to complete courses but in the meantime you could see if you qualify for FS or childcare assistance for your child.... It sounds like you need to try and improve your situation.

RonaH
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM

It's hard when your in that middle ground trying to survive. What I do is look for fun things to do that don't cost a lot or are free there are a lot of things out there. I saved change in a jar hidden from site and called it fun money even if I just deposited pennies at the end of the day it adds up so at least you can look forward to something once a year.I used to dwell on not being able to do anything but it just doesn't help the morale. You have to think outside the box and make life more then just work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Because man is so greedy and it's just never enough. I'm sorry I hope someday you'll have the comfort of having some leeway room and can relax
kayla864
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I was just going to say this. If it weren't for stupid Adam that ate the apple..ugh

Quoting LyTe684:

Because of that damn apple.

Oh and of course Adam and Eve.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM

We are living in the wrong country for enjoyment of life.   Almost all the heads of corporations will pay themselves  milions while their workers barely survive.  Alot of people also get credit cards so they can spend, spend , spend racking up thousands of dollars of debt.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM

only two k a year???

Quoting luvligrl323:

I was a single parent with 3 kids. I was also a preschool teacher making around 2k a year. I always planned one vacation a year. Between 3-5 days. I would decide where I wanted to go. Research online to see what my budget should be and save all year for it. Sometimes I had to do it every other year. It is possible. Time with your children and those memories are precious. And it's something they will always remember. I worked my ass off all year for those few days away. It doesn't even have to be far away. Find something a few hours, somewhere you can drive to. Save what you can, even if it's just $20 or $50 a month. Everything counts. You can do it. I know its hard but it will be worth it when you get to relax and spend that bonding time with your child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Go to school, get a degree, get a better job.  That's my advice. 

luvligrl323
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Lol. I didn't realize I put that. No. 2k a month or less.
Quoting frndlyfn:

only two k a year???

Quoting luvligrl323:I was a single parent with 3 kids. I was also a preschool teacher making around 2k a year. I always planned one vacation a year. Between 3-5 days. I would decide where I wanted to go. Research online to see what my budget should be and save all year for it. Sometimes I had to do it every other year. It is possible. Time with your children and those memories are precious. And it's something they will always remember. I worked my ass off all year for those few days away. It doesn't even have to be far away. Find something a few hours, somewhere you can drive to. Save what you can, even if it's just $20 or $50 a month. Everything counts. You can do it. I know its hard but it will be worth it when you get to relax and spend that bonding time with your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)