Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gandalf vs. Dumbledore

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can NEVER decide who would win! They are both pretty badass. Dumbledore has the elder wand on his side though. Hmm, what do you think?

Accidentally hit anon and just noticed this is GabbyP.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I would still give it to Gandalf. I think that he is A LOT older than Dumbledore. Also while Dumbledore has the Elder wand, he is also weakened by Voldemort's ring that was slowly taking away his life force. Gandalf would easily kick Dumbledore's ass. 

Quoting Anonymous:

See! That is where I'm at a toss up at. Yes, he took down a Balrog but I'm almost positive Dumbledore could have too if given the chance. Dumbledore was practiced in both dark and light magic. Strictly a magical duel is what I'm talking about.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

I would have to go with Gandalf. He is an older wizard and a more seasoned fighter not just with magic but also physically. He also took down a Balrog. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM
While sucking lemon drops ;)

Quoting LokisMama:

Gandalf. 

He's lived hundreds of lifetimes.  He's come back from the dead  (which unfortunately Dumbledore didn't managed to do).  He's ancient, he's just short of eternal, and he's got allies (The Ents, the Eagles).  

I think it'd be a good fight but in the end, Gandalf would win.

If they'd even fight.  Seems to me that they'd sit down over a nice pipe and debate the philosophies of magic.

TEIMSfamily
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Gandalf has a stick and Dumbledore has a wand.... Gandalf has a longer beard.... Dumbledore has a cool hat...... Gandalf has a kick ass horse.... Dumbledore has a phoenix. 

Well this is hard. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Yes, but what if it were BEFORE the blasted ring?

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

I would still give it to Gandalf. I think that he is A LOT older than Dumbledore. Also while Dumbledore has the Elder wand, he is also weakened by Voldemort's ring that was slowly taking away his life force. Gandalf would easily kick Dumbledore's ass. 

Quoting Anonymous:

See! That is where I'm at a toss up at. Yes, he took down a Balrog but I'm almost positive Dumbledore could have too if given the chance. Dumbledore was practiced in both dark and light magic. Strictly a magical duel is what I'm talking about.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

I would have to go with Gandalf. He is an older wizard and a more seasoned fighter not just with magic but also physically. He also took down a Balrog. 

LokisMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

NERDS!!!

😆

fey-enigma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel all warm and fuzzy, as though I've found my people.

My money is on Gandalf, though.

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.

mhaney03
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM

then there's this

TEIMSfamily
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Did not even thing of that!!!

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

deskorcasmomma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry sweetie but no they are not
Gandalf was played by Ian Mckellen and Dumbledore was played by Richard Harris in SS and CoS then by Michael Gambon in PoA, GoF, OoTP, HBP and DH

Quoting Retrokitty:

I think it's awesome they were played by the same person :)
ThatRuddyGirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM

So I have a conversation with my husband about these two everytime he turns on the Hobbit. I think they look like twins. He disagrees majorly and I'm assuming everyone else will agree with him. I just think its hilarious to see this title, I thought of that instantly. 

No clue who would win. I know nothing about Gandalf. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured