Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone just shared a picture of my daughter on their timeline

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
This person isn't even on my friends list. I have no clue who she is and she just shared a picture of my daughter on her timeline (I posted the pic a couple hours ago and no one was tagged in it). How the hell can she do that? Is there a setting I am missing? When my friends post pics on fb I don't even see an option to share. I'm a little pissed bc I don't even know this woman. Her fb says she is in her 60's but from my town. Please someone help me figure out how to prevent people from doing that!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Bump
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

message her and ask her to take the picture down. if she refuses, report her. per facebook TOS, the parent of the child has rights to the picture, and they will back you up and take the picture down.

i don't know why she's able to access your pictures. are they set to where a stranger can view them? some people have their pictures open so anyone with a facebook can see them, and pull them from the site. check your privacy settings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Thank you. I am gonna message her. I didn't even realize my pics aren't private. I thought I changed my settings to private.

Quoting AngryBob:

message her and ask her to take the picture down. if she refuses, report her. per facebook TOS, the parent of the child has rights to the picture, and they will back you up and take the picture down.

i don't know why she's able to access your pictures. are they set to where a stranger can view them? some people have their pictures open so anyone with a facebook can see them, and pull them from the site. check your privacy settings.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

you may or may not have. facebook sometimes changes their settings, without warning. a good tip is to check your settings every once in a while, make sure they're at where you want them to be.

sorry about this. hopefully she is understanding and takes your picture down. just know that FB will side with you if she raises a stink.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I definitely will from now on. Thank you!

Quoting AngryBob:

you may or may not have. facebook sometimes changes their settings, without warning. a good tip is to check your settings every once in a while, make sure they're at where you want them to be.

sorry about this. hopefully she is understanding and takes your picture down. just know that FB will side with you if she raises a stink.

Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Wow, hopefully she takes it down without issue. 

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM

np ;) good luck!

WifeyandMom71
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to the picture, and under settings, make sure you have it for FRIENDS Only.
babie113
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM

report the photo as stolen to fb she could be a friend of a friend

baby development
bunnyxlover
by hippity hop on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Creepy! What did she post about the pic?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)