Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i had a small scare tonight

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My son was put to bed and shortly after we started to hear him scream...and not a normal scream. It was a blood curteling, bone chilling, scared to death scream. I run upstairs and come to realize I had a basket of blankets close to his crib and he somehow grabbed one, got it in his crib, lay on the blanket and pulled it over his face to where the blanket could've sufficated him. I grabbed him and it took me about an hour to calm him to where he'd go back in his crib. I pulled the blanket out and moved the basket.

I'm so angry with myself right now to not have noticed this. Please remind any moms with new ones to be careful of baskets too close.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jteffs
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM

How old is your son?

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Well he obviously wasn't suffocating if he could scream.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:58 PM

he must be older to be able to manuever his arm out of crib and grab a blanket to bring into the crib to cover his face.

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Eek. Things that aren't secure around cribs are dangerous. Glad he's ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM
My ds hated blankets on hos face when he was little, he would pull them up and flap his arms whem I was right there so I could "save" him. Now he sleeps like that, like can't go to sleep without the blanket on jis head. I can see him right now on his monitor with his blankie over his face and his feet out lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)