Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Victim blaming vs. Victim responsibility

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 375 Replies
14 moms liked this

This is a spin off of another thread I was reading on about anti rape.

I am, of course, anti rape. I do not blame rape victims for getting raped. Some are just women/girls that decided after the fact that they everyone found out about it and thought they were a whore/slut or whatever then decided to call rape to cover up their own bad decisions. Then there are legitimate rapes.Husbands, or bf's or jail, or hate crimes. This isn't about them. This is about the ones that don't take some responsibility for their own safety.

Let's just say, for instance, that I put ALL of my high dollar stuff out on my lawn every night.TV, keys to my car (with the car door open), cash, games systems, credit cards, all in plain sight ON MY LAWN so its still on my property. What would the cops tell me when i called them in the morning when all my stuff was gone? What would everyone else tell me when i told them? They would tell me i was a fucking dumbass for leaving all my stuff out there. They would tell me it was my fault for putting myself in that situation, for putting myself in the position to get taken advantage of.

NOW, all the ladies who wanna walk down the street in pasties and panties and think nothing should happen to them. All the ladies who want to get passed out drunk in a strangers house, who get fall down drunk in bars, who don't take responsibility for some of their own actions. Just because someone is drunk doesn't mean its ok. But it doesn't mean its ok to be drunk around strangers that might hurt you given the opportunity and a target.

YOU KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT WILL HURT YOU. If you want to do these things, then you have to realize that there are people that WILL take advantage of you given half a chance.

If you don't agree, by this mentality why don't all you ladies leave your keys in your car when you go to the store? Why don't you ask the stranger walking behind you to hold your child while you load groceries in the car. Why don't you sleep with your doors unlocked at night? If you are going to trust strangers with your safety in one matter why not trust them in EVERY matter?

EDIT* For those that LOVE to assume, I was raped when I was younger. And I STILL think women AND men should take some responsibility for some of their own actions.

EDIT2* For the self righteous women out there who don't seem to get that this post IS NOT saying its the woman's fault. let me spell it out for you. "ITS NOT THE WOMAN'S FAULT! ITS COMPLETELY THE RAPISTS FAULT. NOTHING GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO RAPE. NOT CLOTHES OR BEING DROP DEAD DRUNK." So get off your high horse and actually read the post and not assume. This is about NOT making yourself a target for the people out there that you KNOW are out there and you KNOW will take advantage of you if you let your guard down. All the women here that say im a jerk for posting this. Would ANY of you get passed out drunk with a bunch of strange men? Would any of you go to a frat house known for rape, dressed in next to nothing, high as a kite? Why not? Nothing is going to happen to you right?

This is NOT about ALL RAPES, but a SMALL PORTION OF RAPES.

FOR THE ANON ON PAGE 7

LADIES AND GENTS! DON'T RAPE PEOPLE!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:57 AM
20 moms liked this

This has always been my opinion.  Be prepared to get bashed since it seems over half the people on this site has been raped.  When you get so drunk that you pass out, yes you need to accept some personal responsibility for putting yourself in a stupid situation.  To me it is common sense...but apparently common sense isn't so common.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I know, I am prepared for the bashing!

Quoting Anonymous:

This has always been my opinion.  Be prepared to get bashed since it seems over half the people on this site has been raped.  When you get so drunk that you pass out, yes you need to accept some personal responsibility for putting yourself in a stupid situation.  To me it is common sense...but apparently common sense isn't so common.

rgba
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM
8 moms liked this
That's like saying if I sleep on my lawn one night it is my fault if I get murdered.

There is a huge difference between taking someone's crap and assaulting someone's body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this

no its not, im not saying its your fault you get murdered. Im saying if you do something that you know is dangerous, you have to take at least a little responsibility for what happens

Quoting rgba:

That's like saying if I sleep on my lawn one night it is my fault if I get murdered.

There is a huge difference between taking someone's crap and assaulting someone's body.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck sister!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I know, I am prepared for the bashing!

Quoting Anonymous:

rgba
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM
5 moms liked this
If you are saying someone has to take responsibility, you are saying it is their fault.

Quoting Anonymous:

no its not, im not saying its your fault you get murdered. Im saying if you do something that you know is dangerous, you have to take at least a little responsibility for what happens

Quoting rgba:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM
I agree. We need to take responsibility for our own safety.
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I went with a friend from work one night when I was 16, he was 20. No big deal, we had hung out outside of work before. That night something was added to my one (1) beer and I don't remember much. What I do know is that I was a virgin until 10 pm that night, and wasnt at 4 am.
Was it rape? I don't know. But I am partly to blame. I should not have put myself in that situation.
Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I kind of agree with the drunk one but I don't agree with the clothes one.
Most people who get raped are not wearing revealing clothing. Most rapist pray and women who don't take care of them self. I don't believe men rape just because what a girl is wearing though. It is not the same reaction as a dog and meat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

No I think it has more to do with putting yourself in potentially unsafe situations.  Assault happens but you can lower your chances by making good decisions sometimes.  

Quoting rgba:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured