Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am i overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I wanted to buy a lunchbag for my dd, and mentioned to my dh, that she wanted a nice one, as she carries her food in a ziplock. Dh came home with a black plain lunch bag saying that it is the best one he could find. I said that was the reason i dont trust you to buy stuff and he just threw it away, and blamed me for being mean and shallow

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
Sbellemommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM
You need to apologize to him.
allycally
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Time to apologize
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  All my local stores are done selling the "cool" bags, but a plain black bag could be dressed up a billion ways!

I would have thanked him, then headed to the craft store and let him see the finished product.

Quoting lnrmom:

Yes you did. You could have gotten some neon/colored puffy paint and made that cool. This time of year is not the time to be looking for that type of thing as the pickings are slim. He did something nice and you essentially spit in his face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I may end up taking all her black stuff, all her outfit bought by dh there. 

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I agree.  All my local stores are done selling the "cool" bags, but a plain black bag could be dressed up a billion ways!

I would have thanked him, then headed to the craft store and let him see the finished product.

Quoting lnrmom:

Yes you did. You could have gotten some neon/colored puffy paint and made that cool. This time of year is not the time to be looking for that type of thing as the pickings are slim. He did something nice and you essentially spit in his face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:38 AM

No i am still angry

Quoting Sbellemommy:

You need to apologize to him.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Black is a great base.  It's a LOT cheaper to decorate stuff with patches, beads, and paint than it is to say, buy a Disney Princess themed anything.  Disney Princess Shirt: $25.  Black shirt: $5.  Princess themed patches:  $5.  Saved: $15.  Kwim?

This time of year can feel like a dry spell for many things.  The big rush for "back to school" is over and Christmas crap is being heavily marketed.  So finding a normal outfit, lunchbox, backpack, shoes, anything can be a real pain!  So you buy a decent solid color and dress it up!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Quoting lnrmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Yes i know that, but all i just wanted is at least simple target or walmart pink shirt, pink or anyothercolor lunchbag

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Black is a great base.  It's a LOT cheaper to decorate stuff with patches, beads, and paint than it is to say, buy a Disney Princess themed anything.  Disney Princess Shirt: $25.  Black shirt: $5.  Princess themed patches:  $5.  Saved: $15.  Kwim?

This time of year can feel like a dry spell for many things.  The big rush for "back to school" is over and Christmas crap is being heavily marketed.  So finding a normal outfit, lunchbox, backpack, shoes, anything can be a real pain!  So you buy a decent solid color and dress it up!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Quoting lnrmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

That's why I don't send my fiancé out to buy anything. He's incompetent and ALWAYS gets the wrong thing. I think him trashing the lunchbox was overreacting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Yes, i shold have ordered one online. Oops he got it before i got a chance order one

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why I don't send my fiancé put to buy anything. He's incompetent and ALWAYS gets the wrong thing. I think him trashing the lunchbox was overreacting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:07 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)