Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am i overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I wanted to buy a lunchbag for my dd, and mentioned to my dh, that she wanted a nice one, as she carries her food in a ziplock. Dh came home with a black plain lunch bag saying that it is the best one he could find. I said that was the reason i dont trust you to buy stuff and he just threw it away, and blamed me for being mean and shallow

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Replies (141-149):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM
So don't tell him anything, and buy it yourself. It is really confusing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know that kids are trying to show off and this is not the first time when he rushes and buys plain black stuff for a girl, and i tell him over and over again that i would better pick it myself

Quoting anotherhalf:

So basically, he tried to be helpful and you called him an idiot.

Mammacra
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I never say or do anything negative towards dh when I ask him to do something & it's not exactly what I wanted. For example: our sons first Easter I ask dh to pick up two dozen eggs so we could dye Easter eggs. My dh bless his heart grabbed two cartons of BROWN EGGS. I smiled thanked him and "forgot" to dye them that night. The next day I went to the store swapped out the eggs & that night we dyed eggs as a family & dh was soo happy he helped.
me_plus3
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
So he was nice and got the best he could find and you were a bitch. Well done. Your dd can decorate one that is plain and make it her own. Get it out of the trash, apologise and learn to be grateful for what he does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Hand in a woman card? Who says that. Bully

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Oh, and I would have said the same thing to my DH! These women are crazy, we want the brightest prettiest things, which is why we have diamonds, gold, and silver jewelry all over us, and dress up in clothes...

Yes, I would have laughed at DH, and I would have pulled the lunch box out of the trash and handed it to DH and said Here ya go, it's officially yours now.

And I'd take DD out shopping and let her pick one.

Ummmm you should hand in your woman card immediately...if you can't dress up a black bag you shouldn't say woman want the prettiest things...seriously that black bag could have been amazing with her DD's help...patches, pins, markers, they make ways to dress up plain shit and actually make them unique. It's a shame you just go out and buy something everyone else has 

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM

um wow...jokes? Sarcasm? Funny? calling me a bully is totally uneccessary...she didn't seem offended.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Oh, and I would have said the same thing to my DH! These women are crazy, we want the brightest prettiest things, which is why we have diamonds, gold, and silver jewelry all over us, and dress up in clothes...

Yes, I would have laughed at DH, and I would have pulled the lunch box out of the trash and handed it to DH and said Here ya go, it's officially yours now.

Ummmm you should hand in your woman card immediately...if you can't dress up a black bag you shouldn't say woman want the prettiest things...seriously that black bag could have been amazing with her DD's help...patches, pins, markers, they make ways to dress up plain shit and actually make them unique. It's a shame you just go out and buy something everyone else has 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM
What is wrong with black, you can have it monogrammed & it'll be cute. Either way, it's better than a ziplock. Chill out lady!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM
not every woman is artistic or crafty . doesn't mean she should hand in her woman card. that was rude

Quoting OneToughMami:

um wow...jokes? Sarcasm? Funny? calling me a bully is totally uneccessary...she didn't seem offended.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Talk about overreacting lol

Quoting Anonymous:

not every woman is artistic or crafty . doesn't mean she should hand in her woman card. that was rude

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM
That was really mean, sorry. He tried to do something nice and you shot him down. This time of year it's nearly impossible to find cool lunch bags unless you order them online. I would have been grateful that my dd no longer had to carry her lunch in a Ziplock, and then got about figuring out how to jazz it up. I hope this isn't how you treat him all the time :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN