Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am i overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I wanted to buy a lunchbag for my dd, and mentioned to my dh, that she wanted a nice one, as she carries her food in a ziplock. Dh came home with a black plain lunch bag saying that it is the best one he could find. I said that was the reason i dont trust you to buy stuff and he just threw it away, and blamed me for being mean and shallow

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Replies (31-40):
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:35 AM

like a ziploc baggie? Should you put that in like a brown bag or something? I mean wouldn't she have multiple bags and a juice? How old is she if a ziploc bag is enough?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh she can carry her stuff in a ziplock as well

Quoting OneToughMami:

Apparently your daughter NEEDED this...you just chose not to want it...there's a difference between needs and wants...the need was met. 

I am sooooooooo glad to have a child who appreciates the shit she gets. She doesn't need anything special to carry food in...and she doesn't give two fucks who has something to say about her lunchbag...it's a lunch bag.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not his first try, it is all that made me angry, all that he buys i have to sell, exchange, gve away, i cant stop him from buying stuff that we dont need or want. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You're unpleasant. And you have the AUDACITY to be mad at him for trying?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:37 AM

She is 4, yes she is been carrying ziplock for the whole time, and when i asked for smth nice i got shit, oh well

Quoting OneToughMami:

like a ziploc baggie? Should you put that in like a brown bag or something? I mean wouldn't she have multiple bags and a juice? How old is she if a ziploc bag is enough?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh she can carry her stuff in a ziplock as well

Quoting OneToughMami:

Apparently your daughter NEEDED this...you just chose not to want it...there's a difference between needs and wants...the need was met. 

I am sooooooooo glad to have a child who appreciates the shit she gets. She doesn't need anything special to carry food in...and she doesn't give two fucks who has something to say about her lunchbag...it's a lunch bag.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not his first try, it is all that made me angry, all that he buys i have to sell, exchange, gve away, i cant stop him from buying stuff that we dont need or want. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn. Did you even say thank you ? That was a little rude , I understand being frustrated but at least you have a man who tries.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:38 AM

We tried, tried tried and ended up in a hole. No i didnt thank i am angry like hell 

Quoting Toonkasmommy:

Damn. Did you even say thank you ? That was a little rude , I understand being frustrated but at least you have a man who tries.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:39 AM

What kind of Ziploc is she carrying? I am confused by this statement.

Also, you didn't get shit, you got something that a 4 year old can use. She is 4. Chances are she only cares because you care.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is 4, yes she is been carrying ziplock for the whole time, and when i asked for smth nice i got shit, oh well

Quoting OneToughMami:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Quoting OneToughMami:

Also, you didn't get shit, you got something that a 4 year old can use. She is 4. Chances are she only cares because you care.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:43 AM

She cares because she is being teased to have the stuff she does

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:44 AM

So that is all you are putting your child's lunch in? I am 100% sure it's your fault she is being made fun of...I am 100% sure that the black bag your husband brought home would have been better than that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:45 AM
He's unappreciated. I won't be shocked if he goes out and finds someone to appreciate him

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Milk_Chocolate
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:45 AM
You both overreacted in my opinion. Do apologize, you hurt his feelings.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)