Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am i overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I wanted to buy a lunchbag for my dd, and mentioned to my dh, that she wanted a nice one, as she carries her food in a ziplock. Dh came home with a black plain lunch bag saying that it is the best one he could find. I said that was the reason i dont trust you to buy stuff and he just threw it away, and blamed me for being mean and shallow

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Replies (41-50):
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Uh...that's because her mom apparently is putting her lunch in nothing but a Z-I-P-L-O-C bag

Quoting Anonymous:

She cares because she is being teased to have the stuff she does

Quoting OneToughMami:

What kind of Ziploc is she carrying? I am confused by this statement.

Also, you didn't get shit, you got something that a 4 year old can use. She is 4. Chances are she only cares because you care.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is 4, yes she is been carrying ziplock for the whole time, and when i asked for smth nice i got shit, oh well

Quoting OneToughMami:

like a ziploc baggie? Should you put that in like a brown bag or something? I mean wouldn't she have multiple bags and a juice? How old is she if a ziploc bag is enough?

Fatal_Frost
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:46 AM
can I just point out that there are TONS of ways to dress up anything plain black?? you could have spent a few $$ more for fabric paint, appliques, and personalized it for your dd... I think you're being way to hard on your dh who's first instict is NOT to look for pink and glam... you ought to probably appreciate that fact
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Oh dont worry he does it from time to time

Quoting Anonymous:

He's unappreciated. I won't be shocked if he goes out and finds someone to appreciate him

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not his first try, it is all that made me angry, all that he buys i have to sell, exchange, gve away, i cant stop him from buying stuff that we dont need or want. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You're unpleasant. And you have the AUDACITY to be mad at him for trying?

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Thankfully my husband would come home with two lunch boxes, like Superman and Batman hard lunch boxes, lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Good for him. I would too if i had you for a wife.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh dont worry he does it from time to time

Quoting Anonymous:

He's unappreciated. I won't be shocked if he goes out and finds someone to appreciate him

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not his first try, it is all that made me angry, all that he buys i have to sell, exchange, gve away, i cant stop him from buying stuff that we dont need or want. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You're unpleasant. And you have the AUDACITY to be mad at him for trying?

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Oh, and I would have said the same thing to my DH! These women are crazy, we want the brightest prettiest things, which is why we have diamonds, gold, and silver jewelry all over us, and dress up in clothes...
Yes, I would have laughed at DH, and I would have pulled the lunch box out of the trash and handed it to DH and said Here ya go, it's officially yours now.
And I'd take DD out shopping and let her pick one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:51 AM

He would have done it for somebody else too not for his family

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Thankfully my husband would come home with two lunch boxes, like Superman and Batman hard lunch boxes, lol

AlyDS91782
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:51 AM
I would've bought fabric paint or markers and made a custom designed bag with her. At least he tried.
agrisham13mom
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Wtf is wrong with you, I'm surprised he is still putting up with your crap! He was being thoughtful and I see nothing wrong with a black lunch bag for a girl. I do however see a whole lot wrong with how you handled the situation! I think you owe him an apology and you really need to reevaluate how you treat certain situations!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM

If i was able to go to the shop, i would be returning the stuff and buying something else.

Quoting AlyDS91782:

I would've bought fabric paint or markers and made a custom designed bag with her. At least he tried.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN