Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does a rapist

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Have to pay child support for a child conceived in rape when they are released from prison? For example a man rapes a woman and of that rape a child is conceived. The man is caught and thrown in prison. Meanwhile the child is born and DNA conclusively proves that child is the rapists. Does the rapist have to pay child support? And does the rapist get visitation with their child since they did their time?

This is not a SHOULD they. This is a do they?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
Dee0886
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Yes, or in one case I heard on the news, they even get visitation and fight for custody once they're out of prison.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:57 AM

in the state of California if I wanted to I could get child support from him, if I go on state assistance the state will go after him (one reason I don't though I qualifiy for food stamps for now...) and if the asshole wanted to, as my therapist told me, he can and there is nothing I can do about it. but thank my lucky stars he doesn't

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Yes but in many states is the mother receives any type of state or government aide they are not given the choice to file for support or not. The state will do it for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

No clue, but I would hope visitation would be denied since he raped the mother. I wouldn't even try going after him for child support. I'd leave him alone and hope he never contacted me again. That's like putting salt on the wound.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:57 AM

And in some states, you can have rights severed, but they still are held to financial obligation.

nolongermstkn
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Yes in some cases they can fight for visitation and WIN. Also if mom dies the rapist can get the baby.

We live in a fucked up world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM
That is really messed up. It's like being violated over and over again for forever.

Quoting randi1978:

It depends on the state.

Some states can and will set up visitation/custody agreements and force the woman to abide by them.  It's fucked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM
That is scary

Quoting Dee0886:

Yes, or in one case I heard on the news, they even get visitation and fight for custody once they're out of prison.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Illinois and Massachusetts do allow for both.
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Depending on the state they may or may not have to pay CS and may or may not get visitation
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Omg I'm sorry. This was meant to be hypothetical. I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

in the state of California if I wanted to I could get child support from him, if I go on state assistance the state will go after him (one reason I don't though I qualifiy for food stamps for now...) and if the asshole wanted to, as my therapist told me, he can and there is nothing I can do about it. but thank my lucky stars he doesn't

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)