Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does a rapist

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Have to pay child support for a child conceived in rape when they are released from prison? For example a man rapes a woman and of that rape a child is conceived. The man is caught and thrown in prison. Meanwhile the child is born and DNA conclusively proves that child is the rapists. Does the rapist have to pay child support? And does the rapist get visitation with their child since they did their time?

This is not a SHOULD they. This is a do they?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
FelineTopic
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM
I would abort, before this would even be a question to be answered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Wow just wow

Quoting nolongermstkn:

Yes in some cases they can fight for visitation and WIN. Also if mom dies the rapist can get the baby.

We live in a fucked up world.
Dee0886
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:01 AM
It's very scary. I couldn't even imagine.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is scary

Quoting Dee0886:

Yes, or in one case I heard on the news, they even get visitation and fight for custody once they're out of prison.
JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I have never thought of this actually. Would be interesting to find out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Careful what state your in. A rapist could sue you for aborting his child if a certain political party has their way. Don't you know a child is a gift no matter how it comes to be?

Quoting FelineTopic:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Again talk about getting violated after violation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Careful what state your in. A rapist could sue you for aborting his child if a certain political party has their way. Don't you know a child is a gift no matter how it comes to be?

Quoting FelineTopic:

jenny3344
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:08 AM
This is a hard one. I'd assume the judge presiding over the case could stipulate in the court papers that the rapist is not to have any contact with the victim or her child. The victim has rights and I'm sure her lawyer would fight for a no contact order. But just as the victim has rights so does the rapist so this could go either way unfortunately.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I am not sorry that I have my son. I am sorry about his conception and that I wished that the system was on the child's side and would strip a man of all his rights...and actually I wouldn't mind his MONEY if I knew that he could NEVER COME near MY son. I think the asshole should work and we get the money. But, last I heard about the low life was he is unemployed and cant get a job...I guess that is some justice. I honestly can't feel complete closure from the event, because in the back of my mind, I think anytime the asshole wants he can just come back into our lives and I am powerless to stop him, and most important powerless to prevent him from seeing MY son or hurting him. Until my son is a teenager or even grown I don't think I will ever stop fearing or wondering, will the asshole return...

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg I'm sorry. This was meant to be hypothetical. I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

in the state of California if I wanted to I could get child support from him, if I go on state assistance the state will go after him (one reason I don't though I qualifiy for food stamps for now...) and if the asshole wanted to, as my therapist told me, he can and there is nothing I can do about it. but thank my lucky stars he doesn't

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I'm sorry that you even have to worry about that. I do understand the fear part on some level. My ex-husband is in prison for having sex with a teenage (not rape she was a hooker and he had paid her). He did this while I was pregnant with our son (consensual). But in our divorce the left child support and visitation as to be determined upon his release. So I get to wait on fear of his release and will I have to hand my son over to a man who likes sleeping with teenage girls (consented or not it's still wrong). That is so NOT the example I want for my son. Or the example I want brought home to my daughters by my son.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not sorry that I have my son. I am sorry about his conception and that I wished that the system was on the child's side and would strip a man of all his rights...and actually I wouldn't mind his MONEY if I knew that he could NEVER COME near MY son. I think the asshole should work and we get the money. But, last I heard about the low life was he is unemployed and cant get a job...I guess that is some justice. I honestly can't feel complete closure from the event, because in the back of my mind, I think anytime the asshole wants he can just come back into our lives and I am powerless to stop him, and most important powerless to prevent him from seeing MY son or hurting him. Until my son is a teenager or even grown I don't think I will ever stop fearing or wondering, will the asshole return...

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg I'm sorry. This was meant to be hypothetical. I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

in the state of California if I wanted to I could get child support from him, if I go on state assistance the state will go after him (one reason I don't though I qualifiy for food stamps for now...) and if the asshole wanted to, as my therapist told me, he can and there is nothing I can do about it. but thank my lucky stars he doesn't

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:17 AM
I love svu too.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is what happens when I can't sleep and watch to much SVU

Quoting Anonymous:

Mind blown!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)