Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does a rapist

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Have to pay child support for a child conceived in rape when they are released from prison? For example a man rapes a woman and of that rape a child is conceived. The man is caught and thrown in prison. Meanwhile the child is born and DNA conclusively proves that child is the rapists. Does the rapist have to pay child support? And does the rapist get visitation with their child since they did their time?

This is not a SHOULD they. This is a do they?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I have a 7 month old who has decided sleep isn't for the cool kids. I have been watching SVU and Big Bang theory ALOT

Quoting sweetieiv:

I love svu too.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is what happens when I can't sleep and watch to much SVU

Quoting Anonymous:

Mind blown!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Yikes

Quoting jenny3344:

This is a hard one. I'd assume the judge presiding over the case could stipulate in the court papers that the rapist is not to have any contact with the victim or her child. The victim has rights and I'm sure her lawyer would fight for a no contact order. But just as the victim has rights so does the rapist so this could go either way unfortunately.
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I love the big bang theory too lol and I have a 6 month old DD that has decided to nap at 8pm wake up at 10 and just party til like 11:30 or so. I have a feeling you and I would get along well lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a 7 month old who has decided sleep isn't for the cool kids. I have been watching SVU and Big Bang theory ALOT

Quoting sweetieiv:

I love svu too.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is what happens when I can't sleep and watch to much SVU

Quoting Anonymous:

Mind blown!

BonnieRay
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:11 AM
This happened to my friend's daughter. She was raped at 15 by a guy who claimed to be a fellow student at her high school. He wasn't, he was 25.

After pressing charges, he did about 60 days in jail. After the baby was born a DNA test confirmed that the baby was his and he was ordered to pay child support. The child is 6 yrs. old and as far as I know she has never gotten a penny from him. Also he has no visitation because he and his family publicly threatened both her and the child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Depends on the judge but yes rapists have been given rights to see the child and they have been made to pay child support.
JamieBue38
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Why the fuck would they get visitation? That would piss me off. Obviously they aren't sane or safe.
I would sue a rapist for CS, he would never forget what he has done.
JamieBue38
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:17 AM
This is all kinds of messed up.

Quoting BonnieRay:

This happened to my friend's daughter. She was raped at 15 by a guy who claimed to be a fellow student at her high school. He wasn't, he was 25.

After pressing charges, he did about 60 days in jail. After the baby was born a DNA test confirmed that the baby was his and he was ordered to pay child support. The child is 6 yrs. old and as far as I know she has never gotten a penny from him. Also he has no visitation because he and his family publicly threatened both her and the child.
PeacefulLotus
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:35 AM
In many states, rapists have full parental rights to the hold regardless of legal action. Child support goes along with that. some states will also give the rapist custody
PeacefulLotus
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Unfortunately, if you sue for child support, you automatically give him visitation rights.

Quoting JamieBue38:

Why the fuck would they get visitation? That would piss me off. Obviously they aren't sane or safe.

JamieBue38
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:45 AM
That's so sad :(

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

Unfortunately, if you sue for child support, you automatically give him visitation rights.

Quoting JamieBue38:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN