Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does a rapist

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Have to pay child support for a child conceived in rape when they are released from prison? For example a man rapes a woman and of that rape a child is conceived. The man is caught and thrown in prison. Meanwhile the child is born and DNA conclusively proves that child is the rapists. Does the rapist have to pay child support? And does the rapist get visitation with their child since they did their time?

This is not a SHOULD they. This is a do they?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Replies (41-46):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:48 AM
I was raped by my ex-boyfriend. Thank God I never got pregnant. Not sure what I would've done. But if I had a child and decided to keep it I definitely wouldn't want his money. Having his kids from rape way to painful
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:55 AM

lol, I've been there! Idk, but I saw one SVU where the guy had to pay for the woman and her child's medical expenses their entire life, I can't really remember if that was the result of a rape. Probably. I would certainly hope the man's rights were severed. I would do that, you would definitely have grounds for that shit, and even if I had to go on welfare I would do that. Terrible show, puts terrible thoughts in your head lol

Quoting Anonymous:

This is what happens when I can't sleep and watch to much SVU

Quoting Anonymous:

Mind blown!

I love my familyin lovemy loving man, toddler boybaby boyand my little loveys!

BonnieRay
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:52 AM
I know. It was so heartbreaking when it happened. My friend's daughter got called all manner of awful, hateful names at school when her classmates found out she was pregnant. She eventually had to change schools.

And when her rapist only got 60 days in jail they were understandably angry and let down by the court system.

My friend and her daughter love the little child to pieces though. My friend says that she's their little miracle.

Quoting JamieBue38:

This is all kinds of messed up.

Quoting BonnieRay:

This happened to my friend's daughter. She was raped at 15 by a guy who claimed to be a fellow student at her high school. He wasn't, he was 25.

After pressing charges, he did about 60 days in jail. After the baby was born a DNA test confirmed that the baby was his and he was ordered to pay child support. The child is 6 yrs. old and as far as I know she has never gotten a penny from him. Also he has no visitation because he and his family publicly threatened both her and the child.

copperked
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:56 AM
If you really want to know more about it, google the documentary project "31 States." I actually made a post about it just a few days ago.
JamieBue38
by Jamie on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:51 AM
That's great that they kept and love the baby. I hope he never tries to come back to claim the baby.

Quoting BonnieRay:

I know. It was so heartbreaking when it happened. My friend's daughter got called all manner of awful, hateful names at school when her classmates found out she was pregnant. She eventually had to change schools.

And when her rapist only got 60 days in jail they were understandably angry and let down by the court system.

My friend and her daughter love the little child to pieces though. My friend says that she's their little miracle.

Quoting JamieBue38:

This is all kinds of messed up.

Quoting BonnieRay:

This happened to my friend's daughter. She was raped at 15 by a guy who claimed to be a fellow student at her high school. He wasn't, he was 25.

After pressing charges, he did about 60 days in jail. After the baby was born a DNA test confirmed that the baby was his and he was ordered to pay child support. The child is 6 yrs. old and as far as I know she has never gotten a penny from him. Also he has no visitation because he and his family publicly threatened both her and the child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

In my case, he got visitation and because of that, I ended up going after child support, my lawyer said it might make him back off. It didn't.

If I would have known, I am not sure if I would have kept her, I think I would have gone the adoption route. I thought for sure he would never get visitation. He makes my life a living hell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)