Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone had three C-sections or two C-sections and then a VBA2C?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I was just curious. Right now I don't know if I'll ever have another child. My first child was a vaginal birth, second was a C-section after 36 hours of labor. Then number three came and my doctor and I were discussing a VBAC but I told him at the last minute he could make the decision of what he thought was best and he went with the C-section. I don't really do pregnancy and labor very well. Even though I love the end result and it's so worth it. I just need to figure out if I'll ever do this again, if I should, if it's too risky either way..

Has anyone been in this position and went on to have a child after two sections? I'm in my early 30's now, 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Many people have had many cs. I knew a woman who had a vbac after 4 cs and one was an inveted T. She was in Dallas.
Earth_Mama90
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:43 AM
I've only done a normal vbac I was young with both with I think helped. Best wishes to u tho
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Many people have had many cs. I knew a woman who had a vbac after 4 cs and one was an inveted T. She was in Dallas.

Wow! My own mother in law, she had three C-sections, back in the early 80's...I think all of hers were vertical incisions. She was a good ten years younger than I am now but she wasn't without a little bit of complications, with my husband, she had a fever that lasted for days, with a sibling her blood pressure dropped dangerously and another sibling, she needed transfusions. I know we've come a long way since then. During my last C-section, I was really scared almost backed out of it. During the first one, I just wanted the baby out, I had tried to get him out for 36 hours...so I wasn't scared...but during the last one it was scheduled so I had time to dwell.

I didn't have major complications but I did vomit a bunch during the C-section, and I didn't feel a thing except for after the baby was out, I felt throbbing in my uterus. I asked what it was and they said it was Pitocin to reduce the bleeding. Afterwards, the side effects of the spinal made me so itchy, I scratched my face until I bled. Then I almost vomited all over the new baby, I screamed for someone to take him. I was sweating a lot too. I know it wasn't that bad but just the thought of a third section freaks me out. Sorry for my rambling...then I know some doctors won't do a VBA2C and some insurance won't cover it, I heard?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Quoting Earth_Mama90:

I've only done a normal vbac I was young with both with I think helped. Best wishes to u tho

Thank you...yeah that's another thing, my husband wants to wait at least another year or two before adding another even if we ever do and I'll be closer to mid thirties. Don't know if that makes a huge difference but..

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I'm not sure on the insurance aspect. Some doctors don't like to do it becaus its easier and more expensive to just do the cs.

This particular woman I used to know had many complications and when she found out she was pregnant the last time she had a nervous break down. Thankfully she found a doc to do her vbac.

I had a lot of complications with my cs with dd. ill never do another unless its literally to save our lives.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Wow! My own mother in law, she had three C-sections, back in the early 80's...I think all of hers were vertical incisions. She was a good ten years younger than I am now but she wasn't without a little bit of complications, with my husband, she had a fever that lasted for days, with a sibling her blood pressure dropped dangerously and another sibling, she needed transfusions. I know we've come a long way since then. During my last C-section, I was really scared almost backed out of it. During the first one, I just wanted the baby out, I had tried to get him out for 36 hours...so I wasn't scared...but during the last one it was scheduled so I had time to dwell.

I didn't have major complications but I did vomit a bunch during the C-section, and I didn't feel a thing except for after the baby was out, I felt throbbing in my uterus. I asked what it was and they said it was Pitocin to reduce the bleeding. Afterwards, the side effects of the spinal made me so itchy, I scratched my face until I bled. Then I almost vomited all over the new baby, I screamed for someone to take him. I was sweating a lot too. I know it wasn't that bad but just the thought of a third section freaks me out. Sorry for my rambling...then I know some doctors won't do a VBA2C and some insurance won't cover it, I heard?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I've had 2 C and going for VBAC this time.
Earth_Mama90
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I don't know personally but from what I've heard it makes a big difference all around in both positive and negative ways

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Earth_Mama90:

Thank you...yeah that's another thing, my husband wants to wait at least another year or two before adding another even if we ever do and I'll be closer to mid thirties. Don't know if that makes a huge difference but..

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:54 AM
At one time there was a great vbac board on here. Idk anymore because its been 7 years almost since dd was born and no other babies yet. Used to do a lot of reading on vbacs and was on many boards.
chicklopez
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Ive had friends do vba2c I've been lucky enough to have vaginal births with my 3.So I have no first hand knowledge. If I ever have another I will more than likely have to have a section. But it would also be my last child. Depending on your issues you might be able to find a midwife to consult with on whether or not you can safely have a vaginal birth after your sections.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Thanks everyone! It's good to hear there are options...

I don't know if it's just a coincedence but first child, a girl, I pushed her out on my own but it did take three hours of nonstop pushing and she was seven pounds even. Child number 2, first boy, was 10 pounds and after many more hours of pushing, he was just not coming out..he wasn't even close. Child 3, a boy, was 8 pounds and 1 ounce and I'll never know if I could have birthed him...I'm leaning towards yes. I always have issues like, erratic contractions, they come close together then drop to being 10 minutes apart again, things like that. The big baby thing seems to run on my husband's side, he was 11 pounds 4 ounces, his sister was 10 pounds and his brother, I think was about 13 pounds. I was 26, 28 and 30 when I had each child. C-sections 1 and 2 were 21 months apart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN