Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sick kids are no fun! midnight rant!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Having a sick kid is no fun. Saturday morning my 8 year old son woke and said he didn't feel good. He refused breakfast. He layed in his bed while his brothers ate. I thought he was just tired. Turns out not he was in the bathroom throughing up. From 7:30am to 10am he threw up 4 times. From 10am til betime he didn't throw up. I thought maybe it was just a fluke and that it was all out of his system. At 1am my son is standing next to my bed. He say's, "I threw up." He was covered in it. His sheets, blankets, pillow, and floor (a big puddle at the bottom of his ladder. I get some soapy hot water and some towels. I clean up the mess the best I could. I plsn on steam cleaning in the morning. I put my son in the tub in our room and get him cleaned up. He is back in bed and doing better. On my way back to bed I throw his blankets sheets snd pillowcase in the wash. I tell you that smelt so bad a few times I thought I might throw up myself. I came back to bed and dh is fast asleep. I don't get it.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Ds 2 did this last week, he was fine after the second night but he went through all his sheets and they needed to be washed twice
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:07 AM
My 2 youngest have been home all week with fevers, cough and a headache. The youngest fever finally broke yesterday but the older ones is 102.4!
chicklopez
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Hope your LO gets better soon. YDS was up at 2am with a high fever yesterday. It was a nightmare. He didnt want to be put down, and would only fall asleep if I was cradeling him. He finally got better about 4 this afternoon, thankfully. It is not fun keeping up with a 4yo and a 2yo while you're holding your 1yo constantly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:10 AM
I washed my hands but I can't seem to get the smell out of my nose. I'm one of those people eadily grossed out by throw up. I can handle blood, pee and poo but throw up I draw a line. That's dh's thing. He can handle it a lot better than me. Hopefully he starts feeling better. His birthday is monday and I made goodie backs to take up to my son:s school and when I go I will be bringing him lunch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)