Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I regret dropping out of high school. I also regret not getting my GED right after high school. I wish i stayed in school or got my GED as soon as i dropped out. So, I could be in college working on becoming a nurse. Now I need to go to GED classes then try to get my GED, then college 2013 would have been the year I graduated from high school and its kinda bumming me out. It also kills me because my grandpa and grandma raised me (i call my grandpa Poppy and my Grandma mom) and i promised my Poppy i would graduate high school and go to college. i feel horrible and i'm gonna keep my promise about college.

Go ahead and bash But i'm going tuesday to find out more about the GED classes. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Look up Paxen. It is a GED school. You go for 4 weeks, get paid for it and they pay for your GED tests. As long as you are under 21 when it starts you just have to pass a very simple test. You definitely need to get your GED and go to college.

1FiestyFem
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Can't cry over spilled milk! Keep your head up and push forward. Good Luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Is it online class? I'm bout to be 19 next month so i'm good on the age thing.. lol i totally agree. That would be awesome that they pay for it.. And i 1000000000000.9% agree with you bout that. 

Quoting Nynnie:

Look up Paxen. It is a GED school. You go for 4 weeks, get paid for it and they pay for your GED tests. As long as you are under 21 when it starts you just have to pass a very simple test. You definitely need to get your GED and go to college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I know and thanks you.

Quoting 1FiestyFem:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:10 AM
1FiestyFem
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this
*hugs :0)

Quoting Anonymous:

I know and thanks you.

Quoting 1FiestyFem:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Heyy I went to that website and it says its $349 dollars... i can't afford that. thanks though 

NEVERMIND FOUND IT

Quoting Nynnie:

nolongermstkn
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck. I have my GED, some colleges offer free classes. You just pay for the tests.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:19 AM

You have to attend a school I think it's four days a week for 4 weeks. Ours was from 9 to 2 with a one hour lunch break. If you go everyday for the first week you get 50 sometime while you are still going and if you complete it you get 250 probably a month after it's over. Hurry and look it up because with an offer like that they get booked. I didn't need it, but if you fail I think if you go to a 2 week remediation thing they will pay for you to take it again. They give you the money and suggest you use it to help get in college. In GA SATs are $50. Then you need about 20 to apply for a community college. My son was almost 2 when I started and my mother watched him for me. If you don't have anyone to just help you out, you can always let them know that you're gonna get paid for it and come up with an agreement to pay them with that. Good luck, you are young and you are a single mom I assume so there are lots of places that want to help you. Take advantage of that while you can. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it online class? I'm bout to be 19 next month so i'm good on the age thing.. lol i totally agree. That would be awesome that they pay for it.. And i 1000000000000.9% agree with you bout that. 

Quoting Nynnie:

I love my familyin lovemy loving man, toddler boybaby boyand my little loveys!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN