Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it important that one person in the relationship is a good cook?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Just wondering your opinion.
My bf burns toast but I'm pretty good at cooking and love it. My BFF can't even boil water but her bf works as a chef. Then there's my brother between him and his gf they always eat TV trays or take out. Whenever they argue usually it stems from meal issues, they both have health issues because they don't get proper nutrition and they use almost all the money they have after bills on junk food and that starts another argument. So who cooks in your house? Is it important at least one you you is good at it?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:42 AM
I don't cook but my partner does. It definitely helps. :)
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a great cool but I do cook most everyday. Luckily, my husband is just happy there's food so he doesn't have to go buy a pizza everyday. Lol
JennPearce
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:52 AM
I think it's important that someone can cook. Especially with kids so they learn healthy eating habits. My DH used to do all the cooking when we were first married. I couldn't cook a thing. Now I can cook pretty well so I do most of it, but DH still likes to 1-2x a week. :)
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:54 AM

My husband can cook a few things...mostly eggs and boxed mac and cheese (yuck). When I met him, it was hamburger helper (again...gross). He loves that I can cook, and I enjoy it. He said he things it's important for the reasons you listed about your brother. I don't think it will make or break the relationship, but it certainly helps. 

1stpreggers
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely! Or else it'll probably be two unhealthy people arguing in drive thrus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cybcm
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:58 AM
I'm average, he's great. 19yr old is an apprentice chef.

I don't do much cooking which is fine by me.
susannah2000
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:14 AM

IMO there is a difference between being a "good cook" and being able to choose and prepare reasonably healthy, simple meals.

tezell78
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Yes at least one partner needs to cook, otherwise both parties are hungry and hungry people are irritable people
Gothicgypsy3
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:21 AM

We both can cook very well but I do the majority of it. Dh cooks about 1/3 of the meals and I do the rest.

To answer your first question, I don't think its so important that its a deal breaker or anything like that, but I do think it helps if one partner is atleast willing to put in the time and effort to make good, healthy meals.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:22 AM
I cook love it been debating if I want to try culinary school
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)