Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're in the path of the storm today

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 112 Replies
1 mom liked this

Stay safe.

I have a ton of things to do and I'd really rather not have to go in to the basement of the library (again) or get locked inside the grocery store. Here's to hoping it's not as bad as it looks, although it's already 63 degrees out there and very windy. 

Stay safe everyone.

photo dc5ca263-cf0b-41f3-8c3a-03e308f2a00f_zpsfb229a94.jpg

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
levansbx
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I'm hosting a baby shower. I hope everyone is safe driving.
gabenmikeysmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Yep, I am.
tracy0812
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM
3 moms liked this

We're in Ohio. Right now it's raining. I'm taking my coffee and a book and going to sit on the porch and wait for it.

Heisenberg
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I've been trying to decide if it'a better to split up or stay together today. I have to go grocery shopping and I think I'm going to take it as it goes. My husband and kids will want to go with me, but damn it's only 7:30 and it already sounds like my house is going to blow away.

Quoting levansbx:

Heisenberg
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM

In my area, suddenly 63 degrees and severe thunderstorms usually means tornado this time of year. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't heard anything about this except your post. Is it really anything more than a thunderstorm

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I saw it on the news this morning and was wondering if you were in the path. Stay safe! Keep us updated!
Heisenberg
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I'm in Illinois. We don't have any rain yet, and I went to open my windows and it's SO windy out there. I want coffee now. lol

Quoting tracy0812:

We're in Ohio. Right now it's raining. I'm taking my coffee and a book and going to sit on the porch and wait for it.

AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in Michigan (a couple hours from Chicago) were supposed to get it bad here :-/?

Stay safe everyone
levansbx
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Here in southwest Ohio, the strong storms aren't supposed to arrive till this evening. hopefully the party week be over and everyone will be safe at home by the time it gets here.

Quoting Heisenberg:

I've been trying to decide if it'a better to split up or stay together today. I have to go grocery shopping and I think I'm going to take it as it goes. My husband and kids will want to go with me, but damn it's only 7:30 and it already sounds like my house is going to blow away.

Quoting levansbx:

Heisenberg
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I should watch the news. If I did that once in a while maybe I would have gone grocery shopping yesterday. lol

Chicago just wants to say goodbye to me properly. 

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I saw it on the news this morning and was wondering if you were in the path. Stay safe! Keep us updated!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)