Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At what age would you let your teen smoke pot with you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

I have a medical mj card for chronic back pains and have smoked pot for over 20 years.  I've never hidden it from my kids and they know it is the only med that has helped me with my pain.  I have recently started allowing my 15 year old dd to share a joint with me on weekends. I'd rather she did it at home with me and only did it occasionally than have her sneak around with her friends to do it.  Anyone else allow their teens to smoke with them? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyBrooke849
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Never
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM
7 moms liked this

Never.  Just because YOU are on medical marijuanna doesn't mean it is ok (or legal) for your child to smoke it.  

shymomof4
by Kristyn on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Never
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I thinking close to NEVER!!!!!
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Never
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this
21 + when my kid has proven that they are a responsible, mature, and productive member of society.. Sure, we can enjoy a toke together.
austenheroine
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Wow.

As someone who recently visited Denver and saw the addictive nature of marijuana on a close friend, this question completely gives me a new perspective.

I'm sorry you have pain and am glad you have something to help you through it. But teenagers are not yet adults, and I have nothing good to say about this drug because of the effect I witnessed it having on my friend.

I see why you would want her to smoke it with you than without your supervision. However, I am really torn personally as to whether this drug is a help to society or insidious. Very conflicted.

Dolcepsle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Never
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM
6 moms liked this
My mom let me smoke with her at about 17, she had some rules that went along with it.

-no smoking out side of the home
- no other drugs
- no talking about it (paranoid old craZy lady lol)
- only on non school nights

She also said if it turned me in to an asshole I would no longer aloud to do it.

I still smoke to this day, I do not abuse it and I think her being letting me really killed the curiosity of other drugs.
GarysWife1991
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it depends on the kid and how mature they are.  I don't have a problem with them smoking an occasional bowl or joint at 15 -16 as long as it's not an every day occurrence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)