Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am going to kick my DD out the day she turns 19!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 363 Replies
1 mom liked this

She has been horrible this last year and it is driving me nuts. She was caught sneaking alcohol into the house, she was caught with drugs, she doesnt listen or follow any rules. I have tried to talk to her to get her to tell me what is going on with her because this is all knew. Before she turned 18 she was pretty much the perfect kid but now she has the "I am almost an adult I will do what I want" attitude. I have put her on total lockdown, taken away everything and she still acts out. As soon as she is 19 and I can I am kicking her out!

ETA: if I could kick her out now I would. But I can't I have to wait until she is 19

ETA2; The age of majority here is 19. She is not yet an adult which is why I haven't kicked her out yet

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Where do you live that you can't do it now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM
21 moms liked this
She is almost an adult. What's the point of putting her on lockdown, just to throw her out? Can't help but think this is a result of your parenting.
PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM
6 moms liked this

One of the hardest things a parent must do for a child who is an older teen, is to drop-kick them from the nest and see the real world for what it is.

I do not envy you, OP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
35 moms liked this

Apparently you dont have kids or else youd know they kinda decide for themselves the path they are going to follow at a certain age.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is almost an adult. What's the point of putting her on lockdown, just to throw her out? Can't help but think this is a result of your parenting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

It is about the only thing I can do. If I just let her do stupid stuff and dont take things away then I am rewarding the behavior.

IDK maybe it is from my parenting I really am not sure she was so great and then she turned 18 and went crazy it seems. She still gets good grades and all and has a full ride scholarship to school which I think makes her very cocky and adds to the problem

None of my other kids have acted this way and whenever I ask them where I went wrong they always say that they dont think they have. Idk about this DD though. I am not sure what it is. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Canada

Quoting Anonymous:

Where do you live that you can't do it now?

YuppyMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM
9 moms liked this

I get it.  I amsure some people here will take the "It's family, how can you do that?" stance, but you mentioned something that is the deal breaker for me.  Drugs and Alcohol.  I understand addiction.  Drug use on any level is not a good thing and can start tearing apart a home and changing household dynamics.  The rules in my home about ANY drug use are steadfast:

1.  If I catch you  with any drugs--- ANY drugs on any level in any amount -- you will immediately nroll in an outpatient drug program and attend some N.A.meetings.  This is not a choice.

2.  If you have a true addiction--you will go to rehab (INPATIENT) before returning home.

3.  If you refuse the help offered in 1 and 2 and do not tow the line--you are OUT of my house.  If you are underage I will have you put in a group home or made a ward of the state.  If you are 18-- you are simply out the door.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Actually I do have kids. Your reply doesn't even relate to what I said.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently you dont have kids or else youd know they kinda decide for themselves the path they are going to follow at a certain age.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:41 AM
She is an adult, in almost every culture on Earth. If you are going to put her out, do it now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)