Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They all looked at me like I had 2 heads.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I woke up this morning and was like "Ya know what? I want a coffee and hashbrowns. Alone!" Got up, threw my hair up in a bun(mind you I've been sick for a few days), put on some clothes, and went to my old fave diner. I hadn't been there since I broke up w an ex (2.5 yrs ago). I walk in and they ask if it's for one and I said yep. Sat at the counter and they all stared at me. The 6 cashiers standing together. And then they whispered. O.o Is it so bizarre for a mom to want a coffee and hashbrowns alone once and awhile??
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

maybe it was the way you looked and not so much that you were solo?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's really weird that they did that.  The only thing I can think of is - how crazy was that bun on top of your head?  Because surely they serve people eating solo all the time.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM
If I ever see anyone I know while I'm out alone I get weird looks, too. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I don't know. I love eating alone. 

Trying4onemore
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
That's strange I've never been looked at in any way for eating alone lol I mean it happens all day every day on every restaurant in the world
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Not that crazy. Just a regular bun. Red long sleeved tshirt, black zip up hoodie, and some jeggings. Maybe it was the jeggings? But there were tons of college kids wearing sweats tucked into their ugg boots, obviously hung over. Lol. I do have circles under my eyes bc I'm jiust getting over being sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's really weird that they did that.  The only thing I can think of is - how crazy was that bun on top of your head?  Because surely they serve people eating solo all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I NEVER get the chance to just relax and eat slowly without having to say "Stop playing w the salt!" "No, you cannot just eat jelly for breakfast." "MAPLE SYRUP IS NOT A DRINK!" I enjoyed my coffee slowly and savored each bite of sunstandard hashbrowns.

Quoting Bubbie0809:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Yes that is how all my meals feel like. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I NEVER get the chance to just relax and eat slowly without having to say "Stop playing w the salt!" "No, you cannot just eat jelly for breakfast." "MAPLE SYRUP IS NOT A DRINK!" I enjoyed my coffee slowly and savored each bite of sunstandard hashbrowns.

Quoting Bubbie0809:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Weird.
meka26
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I eat peacefully amost every morning. I am so thankful to have the alone time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)