Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am giving my son a lump of coal for christmas and my other kids are getting presents. UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 185 Replies

My DS has been a terror lately. I told him that if he didnt knock his shit off and bring up his grades he would be getting coal for Christmas. He didnt take me seriously and his grades are still down so he is going to get a lump of coal. My other kids are all doing great, have good attitudes, and are getting presents. I think it will be a good learning experience 

Update!: We gave him the lump of coal. He was pretty shocked at first. Then he pouted for a little bit but got over it. We had a fun day and after dinner he told me he was sorry and going to work to get his grades up. He really wants the ipad and if he gets is grades up before his bday he can have it. So hopefully he sticks to it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

You relaize Christmas is still over  amonth away right? Plenty of time to bring his grades up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:01 PM

We only have one more week of classes. There is no way for him to get them up before chrismas. 

Quoting cutebaby06:

You relaize Christmas is still over  amonth away right? Plenty of time to bring his grades up.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:04 PM

How old is this child ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

How old is this child ?

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:06 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

How old is this child ?

well that will suck be prepared for him to in turn ruin Christmas !

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I would feel too bad doing it. But, if you said that was what was going to happen, you need to follow through. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Honestly, today I feel the same. My boys just destroy and destroy. I'm at a loss.
Karyanne24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I'd do it too but I'd have cut him off on a lot of things because of the grades a long time ago.
BaronSamedi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Sounds like the story from Collateral!  The story about Pedro Negro and his Burro!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM

He has already lost car privileges, phone privileges, and computer privileges (except for school work). He really wanted an ipad for christmas and I was going to get him one but now I am not. I hope that will make him realize he needs to get his grades up and behave better so that he can get it for his bday (It is in Feb) 

Quoting Karyanne24:

I'd do it too but I'd have cut him off on a lot of things because of the grades a long time ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)