Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Midwest Moms! Check in here!

Posted by   + Show Post
Check in and let us know you are OK! Just read about all the damage in Illinois.
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM
It's really windy now!!!!

Quoting hnischke:

I'm in Milwaukee too. We had a fun morning since those warnings were during our 14mo morning nap. Luckily he was oblivious to it all.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Milwaukee had a warning. We spent an hour in the man cave lol

girlie2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm also by Washington glad you are ok

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I'm okay here in central IL. The town that got hit the worst (Washington) is only half an hour away from me. Over 100 homes were destroyed. I had to stop looking at photos of the damage because it was making me feel sick - that easily could have been my town. I feel very lucky. Our power didn't even go out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Michigan here, thundering and lightning also heavy rain and wind

whiteNnerdy
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Ft wayne, in here. lots of damage and flooding on the south side of town. still very, very windy here and we're supposed to keep getting it through the night. kokomo, in is about an hour 1/2 from here and got a ton of damage.
KMadsen
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Fine where I'm at in illinois. My parents did have a huge branch come down in the driveway though. We didn't get any tornadoes. 

whiteNnerdy
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Where are you? I'm in fort wayne and a couple of small ones touched down about 5 or 10 milesin 2 different directions of my house. I didn't see any at my house, though. thank goodness!

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

Indiana here.  Lots of tornadoes around but we are a-okay. 

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Northern indiana. The power was out for a few hours but nothing else happened. Windy and rainy.
partyof54me
by ♥The Show Off♥ on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

You're not far from where I was raised. I have family there and I am terrified. Glad to hear you and your family are safe.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I'm okay here in central IL. The town that got hit the worst (Washington) is only half an hour away from me. Over 100 homes were destroyed. I had to stop looking at photos of the damage because it was making me feel sick - that easily could have been my town. I feel very lucky. Our power didn't even go out.

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM
What part? We're good down in southern Indiana, outside of Evansville!

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

Indiana here.  Lots of tornadoes around but we are a-okay. 

purplemom3777
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I saw the news about the tornadoes. I'm not in the Midwest, but I hope everybody stays safe!

Twilight girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)