Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Midwest Moms! Check in here!

Posted by   + Show Post
Check in and let us know you are OK! Just read about all the damage in Illinois.
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

You're not to far from me. The winds are horrible!

Quoting the_dude:

just some down branches, one of the windows in the wood shed broken through. and the hounds doghouse roof is gone, but everything else is ok.   took cover, on the MI/IN border. got dicey for a bit, rotations, but nothing touched down, my husband got home just as i was closing the root cellar, which was perfect timing, cause the sirens went off for the second time right after and my 5.5 yo was freaking out about daddy, somehow, my toddler, never woke from her nap even when i moved her off the couch, until he closed the door. so she never knew he was gone.

the winds still gusting around 55mph here, under high winds advisory until 1 or 4 am or something.  

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM

yeah freaking me out man...

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Quoting the_dude:

just some down branches, one of the windows in the wood shed broken through. and the hounds doghouse roof is gone, but everything else is ok.   took cover, on the MI/IN border. got dicey for a bit, rotations, but nothing touched down, my husband got home just as i was closing the root cellar, which was perfect timing, cause the sirens went off for the second time right after and my 5.5 yo was freaking out about daddy, somehow, my toddler, never woke from her nap even when i moved her off the couch, until he closed the door. so she never knew he was gone.

the winds still gusting around 55mph here, under high winds advisory until 1 or 4 am or something.  

whiteNnerdy
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Not too far from here. an hour or hour and a half I think.

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

I'm in Fishers, near Indianapolis. 

Quoting whiteNnerdy:

Where are you? I'm in fort wayne and a couple of small ones touched down about 5 or 10 milesin 2 different directions of my house. I didn't see any at my house, though. thank goodness!

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

Indiana here.  Lots of tornadoes around but we are a-okay. 

AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Where in mi are you? I'm in mi too other then wind I think were good that wind sounds nasty out there though

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Michigan here... storms are just getting started.  I am originally from Illinois.   The devestation is awful. Waiting to make sure that family and friends are all safe.

MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too. I was on my way home from the laundromat earlier and the wind was pushing my Bronco around like a Tonka truck! 

Quoting the_dude:

yeah freaking me out man...

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Quoting the_dude:

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM
We didn't even have sirens an hour and a half away from Milwaukee. DH works in IL though. He would have been called if there was an issue.
newfound09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I'm in Berne, Indiana. Nothing but rain and wind here, but I'm glad to see those around me are ok.

Quoting whiteNnerdy:

Not too far from here. an hour or hour and a half I think.

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

I'm in Fishers, near Indianapolis. 

Quoting whiteNnerdy:

Where are you? I'm in fort wayne and a couple of small ones touched down about 5 or 10 milesin 2 different directions of my house. I didn't see any at my house, though. thank goodness!

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

Indiana here.  Lots of tornadoes around but we are a-okay. 

momof2891
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:51 PM
NW IL here. Tornado hit just south of us. We have had crazy wind, storms and hail. Now it's just cold and windy.
ZoeCY
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I am in Michigan, storms earlier, a lot of rain, and still a LOT of strong winds.  Our tornado watch expires in about 8 minutes.  A lot of place around us have had trees down and lost power, so far we have been lucky though. 

Chunkymunkey922
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Southern in. We were in a little gap that didn't get hit. Tornados just north and south of us, but it didn't even get cloudy here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)