Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Omg, another "free" item?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I don't know why the universe is trying to attack my karmic rating, but I think I'm being tested, lol. I found a great deal online for a crib for my sisters first baby. It was over 40% off, so I'm still pretty happy about it. I ordered it along with another gift from The Exchange (online Px). Well, last Thursday it was delivered by FedEx. Then, Friday while we were at a doc appt, a second crib and my other gift were delivered. I opened them up to make sure it wasn't just sent in two boxes, nope. Then I checked to make sure I didn't pay for two, nope. So, I called and told them about it. Someone is supposed to contact me about them coming to pick it up next week. Dh and I joked about keeping it in case she finds out she is having twins. But I wouldn't actually do that, it doesn't feel right.

Then today, dh and I drive an hour away to go Xmas shopping. We get home, and I'm going through my receipts, and I notice something. The 30$ Lego advent calendar we bought isn't on there. We have it in the bag, but the lady didn't charge us for it. Ugh. We don't have a target closer, this is it. And we don't have plans to drive back up there until Black Friday. Is it worth making a special trip back, spending the cost of it in gas so I can pay for something they should have charged me for? I really do my best to put out what I want to get back. I don't want my karma to take a hit. I already feel guilty for it, I guess I should have been paying attention while she rang me up. Maybe I can just call the store? What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I would call the store. Most likely they can take your payment over the phone.

bluemountain75
by SoftballMom on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM
For something like that, yes I would go back to the store and pay for it. Doesn't have to be today or tomorrow. OR you can take the $30 and give it to the Salvation Army or an Angel tree. Yes karma comes back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Good. I just thought of that while I typed out my post. It seems much easier than driving all the way back. :)

Quoting sarah824:

I would call the store. Most likely they can take your payment over the phone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I wouldn't make the trip back. Cashier should have been paying attention. Nor would I ship back any extra items sent to me.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM
She can get in trouble for that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I fully agree. I'm a big believer in karma. It just kind of amuses me (in an annoying kind of way). Like that episode of Friends, where phoebe kept getting money after she tried to tell the bank it wasn't hers. Lol. I keep getting free stuff I don't want. And I won't risk keeping it. But now I have to put more effort into doing the right thing.

Quoting bluemountain75:

For something like that, yes I would go back to the store and pay for it. Doesn't have to be today or tomorrow. OR you can take the $30 and give it to the Salvation Army or an Angel tree. Yes karma comes back.
Karyanne24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I wouldn't drive all the way back. Maybe call?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I know, that's another thing that worries me. She was at least 75, and she was talking to the lady ahead of us in line about how she needed the job. But I don't plan on ratting her out. It was a mistake. I would feel so much worse if me trying to pay for it got her in trouble.

Quoting littlesippycup:

She can get in trouble for that.
emmypaige
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I'd call.
caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM
i would call, if they wont or cant take payment over the phone, i would tell them im coming back on black friday, i will bring the item nd the reciept with me and pay for it then. im sure they will be more than happy to accept that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)