Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teenagers.... She came higher than a effing KITE

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM
  • 134 Replies

So.... My niece age sixteen came home higher than a kite.... Yes she was smoking pot.

Out of curiousity, niece or your own child, how would you handle this situation?

I am betting the pot smokers would say... Oh hell its just a natural weed, let her smoke on!

Should there be punishment? What should they be?

What would you say?

***UPDATE***

Here is a reply I made about the situation....

no sadly... she is a troubled teen that got kicked out of four different homes :(

She started in jr high around 6th grade skipping school and sneaking out while living with my brother/herdad... Things got worse. He then sent her to my mom and she was sneaking out and having sex in the yard, shed, so forth she then kicked her out to live with her dysfunctional crazy ass mother. While living with her mother she was running away, skipping school, doing pot, drinking, coming home passed out (by now she is fifteen going on sixteen) got picked up by the police and reported the mother she ended up in rehab.... From there the mom then sent her back to my mother. My mother didnt want to deal with her so she wanted to send her back to my brother. At this point I told them HELL NO she isnt going back where all this shit started so I took her in JUNE. She snuck out once, caught her immediately, she apologized, I dont think she done it again. She once snuck a boy out back having sex on the trampoline I had a hell of a time catching her in the act. Eventually I told her to come in and checked the front yard. Behold I found the boy... She has not done that again.

Since she moved here she hasnt really gone out or done anything just sits around the house.... She goes to school, has all As and Bs, so far not one tardy or absent so she is doing better. We finally start encouraging her to start going out, go to the mall or the movies or something.

Reality is she is sexually active nothing I can do about that its her life her chioce plus she is sixteen. She also has to learn to make better choices of friends and learn how to stay out of trouble and learn to well "feel bad" when you lie and break the trust between her and us...

I talked to her tonight I called her out on being high, she denied it at first but later admitted the truth. I let her go with a warning considering she has done better and it could be worse but also told her we will not support this type of behavior and next time there will be consquences. 

So ya...... I dont think its a good idea she get mixed up with kids that are busy getting high and running around. She is a junior, in another year it is time for her to buckle down and start thinking about college, not getting high.

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM

oh and mention if you have or had teens...

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a teen. He would be on total lock down for a long time...including random drug testing
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I'm not going to give you an answer you like so BUMP
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmmm, I have no idea. My sons are so little, and I did drugs when I was a teenager so I basically have no good advice. Is she a good kid? Is this a frequent thing?
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Personally I don't care if teens smoke pot responsibly. (I don't smoke, never had never will)
If you don't agree with it though I would tell her she lost her privileges of going out. If she can't be responsible with her friends then she can't be with them.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think a total lock down will stop it... As for random drug testing I gave her credit for eventually admitting the truth. I called out on her eyes being gazed and her looking all freaking spaced out and her odd gestures. She is fucking out of it.... But ya lock down, I just dont think it will cut it. I dont wanna push her to skip classes doing it at school instead of classes.

Quoting almondpigeon:

I have a teen. He would be on total lock down for a long time...including random drug testing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM
4 moms liked this
Both my kids have tried it. What are ya gonna do? Personally I would rather have them doing that than getting wasted drunk. I wish they would legalize it.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM

It doesnt matter to me if I like it or not, its not like you are holding a gun to my head and forcing me to like it. Go ahead. Im curious what you would do.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Yeah I'm not going to give you an answer you like so BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I have nothing against Pot.  But it is still illegal and as long as you live in my home, there would be some serious consequences. 

Like cleaning out their room and taking away things like media.

They would be GROUNDED.

And I would probably come up with a long list of extra chores to keep them occupied.

My oldest is 13 and she knows full well what would happen if we caught her doing something illegal.

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Oh, Well I don't have a teen yet, but I predict I would warn her of the dangers of getting any kind of messed up around people you might not be able to trust. Bad things have happened to kids just trying to experiment. I don't think I would punish her though, it is just weed and I know I have tried it a few times. As long as it's only weed I wouldn't be mad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN