Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tell me about your ...

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 31 Replies
Stove/oven. I don't have one and I'm making dh buy me one once we find jobs. I want something dependable with a flat cooktop, electric, and not too expensive.

(Why don't I have one? Dh is a truck driver and I was on the road with him until recently. Right now we live in a trailer on his family's homestead and he doesn't bake so he had replaced the stove with a dishwasher and two burner hotplate before I moved in with him.)
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I rent, I didn't get to choose mine. It's electric and I'm sure it wasn't expensive but it doesn't have a flat cooktop. I wish it did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Gas stove.  Period. 

Electric sucks.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I have a white glass cook top stove. I hate it. Just boiling a pot of water leaves stains on it. To get them off it takes a whole box of baking soda and a crap ton of vinegar.

Soooo....stay away from white stoves lol
copperked
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM
This will be the first one I've ever picked for myself so I'm trying to figure out what I want.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I rent, I didn't get to choose mine. It's electric and I'm sure it wasn't expensive but it doesn't have a flat cooktop. I wish it did.

copperked
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Gas is not an option for us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Gas stove.  Period. 

Electric sucks.

copperked
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Oh yikes. Good to know. My mom's gray one stains, but she's pretty lax about it so I figure if I stay on top of it it should be too bad.

Quoting shadow_lark:

I have a white glass cook top stove. I hate it. Just boiling a pot of water leaves stains on it. To get them off it takes a whole box of baking soda and a crap ton of vinegar.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I think a flat cooktop would be so much easier to keep clean. But I've never had one so I don't know for sure.

Quoting copperked:

This will be the first one I've ever picked for myself so I'm trying to figure out what I want.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM
You would have to scrub it after each use. And even then...I've got some stains from those unavoidable cooking spills that I can not get off. So even when its clean I've got rings around the burner a couple of spots that are now permanent.

Quoting copperked:

Oh yikes. Good to know. My mom's gray one stains, but she's pretty lax about it so I figure if I stay on top of it it should be too bad.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I have a black glass cook top. Love it. It can be hard to clean, but the black hides the strains to.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM

There's really nothing to tell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN