Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"It is the principal"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

So my husband works at a Mom and Pop burger place. Not this past Thursday but the Thursday before this a guy gets a burger and takes it home. Realizes that this is not what he ordered and calls. My husband says he can bring the burger back and the guy says he won't be able to until the next day. So on Saturday the guy finally shows up almost a week and a half later. The guy gets mad at my husband (the manager) and the two owners because they will not replace his whole meal. The man first wants his burger, onion rings, and drink replaced free of charge. When they said no he got mad and demanded to be comped for his entire meal. When they said no he got mad and threw a fit on Facebook! Seriously? He keeps saying "All of this over a SMALL ORDER OF ONION RINGS. It is the principal of the matter." If you had a burger place mess up your burger would you demand the whole meal or just the burger?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Well the thing is it probably ruined his whole meal since the burger was wrong. And in the same way that you're saying he complained over a cheap side of onion rings... Well the restaurant wouldn't simply comp that cheap order of onion rings. I think it's bad business to do things that way. But that's just me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
BAHA!

Quoting Anonymous:

Well the thing is it probably ruined his whole meal since the burger was wrong. And in the same way that you're saying he complained over a cheap side of onion rings... Well the restaurant wouldn't simply comp that cheap order of onion rings. I think it's bad business to do things that way. But that's just me.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
8 moms liked this

Or it could be the principle. 

caligirl7613
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
they are both wrong. the meal should have been replaced because i assume he would want onion rings and burger together...not to eat his onion rings one day and his burger the next. he ordered a burgerwith onion rings. but he was wrong as well. he told them he would return the next day...not a week later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM

A week and a half later. I wouldn't give him shit either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
The burger of course. And he's out of line for walking in a week later making demands. I bet he didn't tell the Facebook community THAT part of the story. Dumbass. And if that's serious just don't eat there anymore guy. $10 and an order of onion rings says he comes back next week :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM

No he is very insistent that it is principal. :0

Quoting OneToughMami:

Or it could be the principle. 

Jammin.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for making me laugh. <3

Quoting Anonymous:

Gypsy.Scribe
by Ravenclawesome on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I think he means principle
QuietNarrative
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM

No I wouldn't expect the entire meal.  Sometimes in order to avoid a fight with a customer you just have to follow "the customer is always right" rule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured