Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I flipped my sister *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

My sister has been living with us for a while now, and the ONLY rule i gave her was no drugs in the house. 

Well, i busted my ankle today because i'm a dipshit, so i already was in pain and not feeling too good. I laid on the couch after DH left for work, just watching tv, when i started smelling something skunky.

we can loose our apartment for her doing that shit.

So, i went to knock on her door, I was just going to talk to her and tell her get it out of the house, and don't do it in here again.  Reasonable reaction with a toddler sleeping in the next room, right? 

Well she flat refused to even open the door, because she knew she was in deep shit.  So i told her if she didnt open the door to talk to me, I was calling the cops.  She still didn't, so I called.  Cop showed up and talked to me and to her, and then said there wasn't anything he could really do... so i went back to her room and told her let him search your room.

she started screaming at me 'no no this is my room!'  and so i went in and started digging through shit myself.  I found a bottle of pills, and i was like wtf is this?!  then i went to go toward her closet, and she flipped out, smacking me and shoving me, clawing at my face like a frickin high school brawler, so i grabbed her shoulder, and i flipped her onto her back.  She landed on her ass and was going to get up and come after me more, but the cop got in between us and asked me to leave the room.

I did.  Five or ten minutes later he hauled her off to jail. 

There is now a statute against her that for 6 months she can't contact me, or come back to this apartment. 

I don't really know how i feel about all of this now... the adrenaline is still going pretty strong... and I am kind of between crying feeling like an asshole, and feeling like i did the right thing to protect my family. 

**update***

She will be in the county holding until thursday, and then if her friends mom can bail her out, they are going to. Their decision, but i think she needs to stay there and learn something from this whole thing besides that she can get away with it because people will always be there to bail her ass out.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Wow. I have nothing. That is crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:36 AM

I think she should be in jail ,She brought drugs in your home,with your child.How would you feel if your baby got the drugs .I wouldn't be around my sister .I will say this ,My sister had the same problem back in 2001 ,she brought drugs in my home ,thank god i did not have kids yet ,but she stole money from me ,I stopped talking to her ,I sent her to jail and 2 years later ,she was off the drugs and got her life together.You did the right thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:36 AM

I know.... it was a big dramafest.. that all could have been avoided if she had just done as i asked and NOT smoked that shit in our apartment in the first place.

Quoting briellesmomma:

Wow. I have nothing. That is crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:37 AM

thank you. this makes me feel so much better about what i did tonight.  i was just so scared and i didnt want to just ignore it and pretend i didnt know she was smoking in the house, and doing whatever else she was probably doing in here too.... i searched her room and didnt find any other drugs though so i am happy about that....

it all feels a little surreal though...

Quoting Anonymous:

I think she should be in jail ,She brought drugs in your home,with your child.How would you feel if your baby got the drugs .I wouldn't be around my sister .I will say this ,My sister had the same problem back in 2001 ,she brought drugs in my home ,thank god i did not have kids yet ,but she stole money from me ,I stopped talking to her ,I sent her to jail and 2 years later ,she was off the drugs and got her life together.You did the right thing.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Ou have nothing to feel bad about she was taking advantage of y'all and doing illegal things. Her fault 100% don't feel bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:39 AM

thank you.  i really need the 'everything will be ok' comments right now.... i am just feeling so bad.... i know i did the right thing deep down but this is my baby sister i just sent to jail. Possibly for a few months.

Quoting Fields456:

Ou have nothing to feel bad about she was taking advantage of y'all and doing illegal things. Her fault 100% don't feel bad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Did the police find anything else in her room?   Yeah that would not fly with me and never will.  We can hope this is her bottom and she will be on road to recovery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:43 AM

I am still feeling the adrenaline.... i am literally shaking this was probably one of the most stressfull, scary days I have had in a long time.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:44 AM
If it makes you feel any better it finally came out my middle sister is a meth addict ( my brother, my oldest sister and I have known but had no proof) and our whole family has sided with her xh for the best interest I my nephew. We have zero contact with her right now because she refuses to admit she has a problem. ( and yes my nephew is safe with his father ) We all feel bad for how thing have gone down but she left us no choice

Try not to feel bad about it. You have your family to protect

Quoting Anonymous:

thank you.  i really need the 'everything will be ok' comments right now.... i am just feeling so bad.... i know i did the right thing deep down but this is my baby sister i just sent to jail. Possibly for a few months.

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:44 AM
I can't believe u called the cops on ur own sister and purposely got her thrown in jail. U could have kicked her out, u were just going to tell her not to do it again. I think u way overreacted, and while she did too, she was trying not to go to jail. I in no way think she was right but u only wanted her to go to jail because she wasn't ready for u to confront her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)