Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If a Teacher talked to your child this way.........ETA ETA#2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies

How would you react?  Are the parents making a big deal about it?  Or do you think they are justified?

I do not live in this district, and my kids are older.  A friend shared this on FB.  ETA-The kids are 5 and 6 year olds.

OK..I cut and pasted the following from the mom who put the recording up.

After much thought and discussion we have decided to share this clip. This 2 and 1/2 minute clip caused the superintendent of Willsboro Central School to immediately get up from the table he was sitting at, walk down the hall with a group of us parents following behind him, and pull the teacher from the classroom for 8 weeks. This clip is a very small part of a day in that classroom full of 5 and 6 year old kids and I can assure that this is not even the worst of the tape. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Sounds like a very stressed out teacher who needs a vacation. It's not acceptable to tell the child to shut up. But I don't think its bad enough to fire her over. She does need to take a week off. Children are stressful. I could never be a teacher.

Teeshann
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Ya id be upset. How old are the kids? Telling a child to shut up and calling him a baby was very rude on her part. She could have found a better way to get the child to stop. I would also be talking to my child about listening to teacher. When teacher asks you the first time to stop talking oit of turn then you do it.
Little.Lover.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM

hmmmm...

Lalasmomma13
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:55 AM
I would be marching in there and be having a meeting with the principal and teacher
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Yeah this is one side of the story. How many times did she have to ask him to be quite? He should have respected her authority.
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe mommy should have taught ashton not to whine. I may not have said shut up, but totally would have docked his behavior points. The child has a terribly screechy whiny voice I'm sure it's gotten on the teachers nerves before.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:59 AM
This kid is annoying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM

From what I understand, the parents of the child went to the Superintendent.  The teacher was pulled out of her class after the full recording for 8 weeks.  She is back now with a $200 a day "Teaching Consultant"-AKA babysitter in her classroom.  The person who put this on FB says that on the advice of her lawyer, she can't put the rest of the recording out yet.

Quoting Lalasmomma13:

I would be marching in there and be having a meeting with the principal and teacher

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow!  Totally inappropriate way for a teacher to speak with 5 and 6 year olds.  I would be livid.  But I also assume that there were previous incidents for a parent to record what was going on in the classroom.

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this
That makes me think that it gets worse. Just what is here I would be upset that she told my kid to shutup. Shutup is a bad word in my house. I am reminded that it is a bad word everytime I yell at the dog. I wouldnt be upset enough to go up there and throw a fit though. She sounds stressed and that kid should have listened to her the first time she said be quiet.

Quoting Anonymous:

From what I understand, the parents of the child went to the Superintendent.  The teacher was pulled out of her class after the full recording for 8 weeks.  She is back now with a $200 a day "Teaching Consultant"-AKA babysitter in her classroom.  The person who put this on FB says that on the advice of her lawyer, she can't put the rest of the recording out yet.

Quoting Lalasmomma13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)