Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Phone Etiquette ?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:51 AM
  • 13 Replies

What time is too late for someone to call you? After what time do you not call anyone? 

Do the same rules apply for texting?

If you have kids that have their own cell phones do they have certain times they can not receive calls and texts?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Double digits for both. Don't call before 10:00am, or after 10:00pm for social calls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM
No calls after 8:30/9pm unless emergency.
I text my sister and husband any time of the day and they do the same with me.
My kids don't really talk on the phone.
Lalasmomma13
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:54 AM
After 9 is to late to call on weekdays or call someone. Texting anything after midnight we don't answer.
Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I hate talking on the phone. And the most important people to me know this. So no calling unless I FaceTime with my mom. I just text
jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I don't feel so "old fashioned" now 

Quoting Anonymous:

Double digits for both. Don't call before 10:00am, or after 10:00pm for social calls.

Roo1234
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM
at bedtime our children's phones are put in the kitchen. they are not allowed to have them in their rooms overnight.

my husband and I keep our phone in our bedroom because he needs to be available for his job and I have family with health problems that I need to be reachable.

otherwise, neither of us have friends who would call after 10 unless it was important
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM
It just depends on the person and their schedule. My mil never after 7, my mom after 9, my dad 10. In general after 9pm. Texting maybe an hour later.
Y girls are to young for cell phones imo but their phones if they had them would be with me when they go to bed. We also do not answer any phone calls during dinner.
jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Yeah I only talk on the phone to my mom dad and aunts most of the time. I don't even facetime or skype. I'm getting lazy lol 

Quoting Okie-chick:

I hate talking on the phone. And the most important people to me know this. So no calling unless I FaceTime with my mom. I just text

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I have an open policy with my kids/siblings.  It's never too late to call.  As far as texting.  I don't mind when anyone texts.  I always turn the sound off on my phone when I go to bed.  So, I'll just answer it as soon as I see it.  No big deal.  

Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I've hated talking on the phone since I was little. Partly because I have a hard time hearing.

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

Yeah I only talk on the phone to my mom dad and aunts most of the time. I don't even facetime or skype. I'm getting lazy lol 

Quoting Okie-chick:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured