Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby's momma being a butt...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

... Neither parent has custody, but BM is totally messed up. Parents are going for mediation soon to set out guidelines for visitation. We contacted her twice last night and this morning to let her know the day she gave us to pick up the baby, we have a doctor's appointment. We wanted to know if we could A: get him the night before, or B: get him early that morning so we didn't miss the appointment.

She said, :I say when, where, and what time you pick him up, and wouldn't budge on her time. So we are picking him up so she can go to school, and her mom can go to work, but they can't help us out so we can get to a doctor's appointment. I had to cancel it. My main question is: Should we save this text conversation with her to show someone in mediation what she's doing? It's been this way for months. It doesn't matter what we are doing, we have to bend to her rules. We are always there to pick him up so she can do what she has to do, but she has no consideration for us.

New to all of this, just need some insight, Thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM
First off you need to stay out of it! Let your dh handle it. If there is contention it's most likely bc of you.

In my state nobody but dad and mom are allowed in mediation. So stay home and leave it up to them to deal with THEIR child!
KnittinMama
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Whoever has custody has the say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM

There is no custody yet.

Quoting KnittinMama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Yes save  any and all messages from her for the mediation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM

you should stay out of it, you are not the child parent,.let the actual parents figure it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

First off you need to stay out of it! Let your dh handle it. If there is contention it's most likely bc of you.

In my state nobody but dad and mom are allowed in mediation. So stay home and leave it up to them to deal with THEIR child!

It's already been established mom and dad are to only be in mediation. I have no intention of going. I'm asking about saving a text to show how she's being toward us. We are there to help her with what ever time she sets. But she's being a butt and won't help us. Answer my question or move on. Don't make up a situation. Thank you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM

. I'm asking for my LO. I'm not in anything, except to get answers for them

Quoting Anonymous:

you should stay out of it, you are not the child parent,.let the actual parents figure it out.

KnittinMama
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
No custody? So this child is just floating around from place to place with no one responsible for him? No guardianship? I don't believe that for a minute. Someone is responsible for that child.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is no custody yet.

Quoting KnittinMama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM

you're all up in there, stop being the middle man in the situation and let the parents figure it out.

Quoting Anonymous:

. I'm asking for my LO. I'm not in anything, except to get answers for them

Quoting Anonymous:

starryeyez23
by Leighsa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Yes! Absolutely save it!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured