Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas trees... real or fake?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: do you have a real or a fake tree?

Options:

Real!

Fake

Other (explain please)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

What do you have? And how do you feel about each?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Greenenvy
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Dont have a tree. Do not put one up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I've got a prelit fake one. I like that I don't have to buy a real one every year, string it up with lights, keep it watered, and sweep up all the needles that fall. Plus, my fake one is the perfect shape and size. The only con is that the real ones do smell nice.
JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I have a fake tree and I love it! Yes real trees are nice but you replace every year, and those pine needles get everywhere. I had 1 maybe 2 as a kid and I hated that tree. I didnt want to touch it and we had to replace so much because of the sap. Thankfully hubby is allergic to Pine so I get to have my fake tree :)

oh and did I meantion we didnt know that my brother and step dad was allergic UNTIL we had a real tree LOL oops nice goin mom!

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I saw that they now make sents you can spray on your tree to make it smell like pine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've got a prelit fake one. I like that I don't have to buy a real one every year, string it up with lights, keep it watered, and sweep up all the needles that fall. Plus, my fake one is the perfect shape and size. The only con is that the real ones do smell nice.

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM
We used to do a real one every year but last year I bought one from Lowes after Christmas for 70% off so we're gonna try that this year.
bamamommy2009
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

for years I have used a fake and this year since both of the kids will be old enough to remember and understand what is going on I've been beggin DH to let us get a real one...I think its working :)

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I have always used a fake tree up until Vince and I got together. He has fond memories of picking out a real tree every year, so now we load everyone up into the Princess Van (my girls named it years ago) and go search for the perfect tree. They also love watching us tie it to the top of the Princess Van, apparently that is hilarious.

pregnant

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bamamommy2009:

for years I have used a fake and this year since both of the kids will be old enough to remember and understand what is going on I've been beggin DH to let us get a real one...I think its working :)

It is awesome to see your kids' faces light up when they find THE ONE TREE.

pregnant

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I'm from seattle so a fake Christmas tree is a no go.
Rajeshsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Usually, we get a real one! This year we can't.... But next year we will go back to real! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)