Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

life insurance question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I just found out that dh mom has a life insurance policy in my children. Why does she need a policy on them. I have a policy on them if something happens she's not going to use that money on funeral cost she's going to pocket it for herself.

I do t even know why she was allowed to get a policy on them. They are my children.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Oh, I've never heard of that....yah, why would she have a policy on them?

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Is it Gerber? Grandparents can buy Gerber as a life insurance and/college fund.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I don't know. I called the insurance company and they said grandparents can take out a policy on their grandchildren and I can't stop it

Quoting Anonymous:

USMCWifey2011
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM
This

Quoting hargonagain:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM
No it's not Gerber I forgot what it's called. But why do grandparents need to take out a policy?

Quoting hargonagain:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Reading the comment about Gerber reminds me that I have seen advertisement in regards to grandparents. I don't know anyone who has ever taken advantage though. Who thinks about that sort of thing as grandparents?? What are the policy terms? I know Gerber doesn't grant much. Is the policy for some crazy amount?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know. I called the insurance company and they said grandparents can take out a policy on their grandchildren and I can't stop it

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
But why would they need 2 policies. If something happens to my children she's just going to keep the money. Seems likes she's just trying to benefit from my children if something happens. She doesn't have a policy on he'd own son

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

This

Quoting hargonagain:

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Not sure then.  I know that anyone who buys life insurance on another person has to have an "insurable interest" and grandparents do.  Why not ask her what her plans are and who the beneficiary is.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I think it is advantage. I'm not sure of the terms. I just heard her talking about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Reading the comment about Gerber reminds me that I have seen advertisement in regards to grandparents. I don't know anyone who has ever taken advantage though. Who thinks about that sort of thing as grandparents?? What are the policy terms? I know Gerber doesn't grant much. Is the policy for some crazy amount?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

ewunia79
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM
It's little sickening. Did you ask her why she needs life insurance police for kids?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)