Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you leave your kids in the car?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 54 Replies
I see so many parents leaving little kids in the car while going in the grocery store or in the bank etc........Do you do this? How old are your children?
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o.O....
by Cara on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Omg no.
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I've only done it if the gas station CC machine is down, or picking up a pizza. In both cases the car is 100% in my view and LOCKED. I am gone for about 30 seconds.

I'd not leave my car out of view to shop or go into a bank. I've seen people do this at Wal Mart.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Grocery store or bank? No. To pull up and drop off a redbox movie, or to pump gas-yes. They are 12, 6 & 4.

anotherhalf
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM
He's 9. He'll stay in the car when I go in the post office.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM

None of my littles stay in the car alone.

I have rarely left only my 9 yr old in the car with the younger two, but usually I prefer the almost 11 yr old to be in the car too.

I was at a gas station the other day and a dad pulled up with two young toddlers probably 1 & 3.   He was parked far away from the door and he got out and left the kids in there and went inside.   I was stunned.   Not something I would do.

OOPs... typo.. I meant my almost 12 yr old.   Although, I've been doing this for over a year, so she was younger then.    Never for big trips like grocery store, but I have when running in for milk or something simple.   Sometimes, I take the dog just because I can.   He's a german shep.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I will leave the kids in the car with my 16 yo. I've left the 7 yo in the car while I pay for gas (I can see the car the entire time and I'm literally 20 feet from her). I wouldn't leave the younger ones for any amount of time because they are completely nuts and would crawl out of their car seats
bcoll
by Brandi on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM

My older sons sit in the car (they're 14). If it's a short trip my 11 year old does as well (she doesn't like to wait in the car though). My two 9 year olds, 4 year old and 3 year old come in. Unless one or both of the 14 year olds is present. In that case I sometimes leave them with their brothers for short trips.

Edit-my daughter is 5 now...lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM

No. But my parents did back in the 80s while I was growing up. I think it was normal then. I wouldn't dream of doing it now with my kids. No way.

CPatt0708
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!  Period.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured