Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spit Out That Paci!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies

The other day I was driving with my husband and kids to a fun activity about an hour from home. On our way back we decided to grab a quick dinner on the go at Mcdonalds. I went to do the order inside since I need to make sure I dont get breaded items and it will be easy to correct instead of holding up drive thru. As I am waiting for my salad to be remade since they put breaded chicken when I asked for grilled I saw a little boy about 6 years old wandering around the McDs and gas station combo. What really got me was this child had a paci in his mouth! The parents finally got to him and they asked what he wanted and this child talked while still having the paci in his mouth. It irks me seeing a child that age with a paci. All my children stop having them by the age of 2 and my youngest never even took one. It was a little irritating that the child didnt remove the thing from his mouth to speak.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM

BUMP!

omyheart83
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I agree, that's really stupid.
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I really don't think a child should have one after their first birthday.
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM
4 moms liked this

You don't know his situation. I have a friend with a son who is autistic. He is 7 and looks like a completely "normal" 7 year old child, but he still has a pacifier at most times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:34 PM

It's more about the parent that point. They just don't want to hear the kid cry for the pacifier so they let them keep it.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
It irks me to see a child of any age with one, but that is ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
It used to drive me nuts when people stopped me why my daughters still had paci at 3. Mind you I had set the cut off age at 3 and its really none of anyones business how I mother my kids. But that age....yeah I wouldn't question it...but not to the mother. It doesn't effect me or how I live my life so I just let it be
wconner289
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Ha ha! Today at my dr appointment I saw a baby who had to be 2 had a bottle of juice and binky. I've always known, from family, my pediatrician to not give bottles or binkies after 1 and that formula goes in bottles, and juice goes in a sippy cup. To each their own I guess but when that baby has cavities or some other oral problems they can't blame anyone else!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:40 PM
8 moms liked this
Your detailed description of your food order made me laugh. Why couldn't you of just said, we were at McDonald's and I saw a 6 year old with a pacifier in his mouth?
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate all
Pacifiers. I think one should be the limit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)