Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unexpected Bills!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

Besides your normal bills what's your biggest surprise expense you've had this month and last month?

were u prepared for this??

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MCA23
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Last month... my son cast a fishing hook into the screen of our 55" flat screen. 

This month, had a $300 vet bill.

We got really lucky and came into a little extra cash right when the TV broke, so we've been OK.  But we are tight right now with the holidays coming up... no extra spending, down to the bare minimums to make sure we have everything covered.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM

My son's glasses and car repair.

Yes, our income allows us to cover these types of things without dipping into savings.

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Last month-$650 worth of car repairs.
This month- had to replace carseats with money out of our pocket, but was reimbursed by the car insurance company after the fact... or will be once we get that check. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM

BUMP!

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM
We decided to get married last weekend instead of waiting until next August. We made the decision 5 weeks before we said I do, so had 5 weeks to save and pay for it
PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Down payment on a new car, we were going to wait but decided we needed to go ahead and do it. New tires on the old van because we blew a tire so we went ahead and replaced them all.

Yes, we have an emergency money acct.
Kristanna
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I haven't had a surprise bill yet...but my check engine light just came on today and my truck JUST fucking went out of warranty :/

Fucking real funny universe...real funny...

poshkat
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Not really but we kind of went overboard with eating out and spending money that we're low on cash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM

No surprises here. Usually we know what's coming, New tires and such aren't surprises to me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM

car broke down that sucked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)