Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unexpected Bills!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Besides your normal bills what's your biggest surprise expense you've had this month and last month?

were u prepared for this??

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
lind.shep
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Dh needed a $300 car part. I'm glad he knows how to fix everything so we don't have to pay for labor.
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Dental bills. I can afford it and I'm okay with it. We also need to get the car maintained, new tires and a new battery. Booo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Last month was buying a new car after an unexpected wreck.

Nothing so far this month.

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM
A $120 vet bill, it wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM
No surprises so far. We would be prepared for an unexpected expense but I hope we don't have any! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Go to AutoZone if you have one and they'll diagnose it for free. It could be as simple as your gas cap not being screwed on tight enough.

Quoting Kristanna:

I haven't had a surprise bill yet...but my check engine light just came on today and my truck JUST fucking went out of warranty :/

Fucking real funny universe...real funny...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM
$700 van bill. Van broke down this month :( Now, brakes are acting funny. *sigh*
USMCWifey2011
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Rental car while our car is getting fixed because a coworker of my husband's hit our car
Kristanna
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM

That's awesome, thanks! However, I doubt it's something cheap or simple lol. This past week my truck hasn't been running as smoothly, it jerks a bit while driving...I think it might be the transmission.

Quoting Anonymous:

Go to AutoZone if you have one and they'll diagnose it for free. It could be as simple as your gas cap not being screwed on tight enough.

Quoting Kristanna:

I haven't had a surprise bill yet...but my check engine light just came on today and my truck JUST fucking went out of warranty :/

Fucking real funny universe...real funny...

CafeMom Tickers
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM

well the water bill is every 3 mo and it was unexpected that it went down 15$. i thought after we got a dishwasher it would go up. got the cost for my dd's recitle costumes 80$ to be paid by christmas-but she got enough from her birthday money that i will only have to pay 20$ yay! lol

last month though, we had to get a new van battery...120$!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured